erinloechnerfrom today's post, on adoption and the birth of a mother: "This is where we become mothers. At Wendy’s tables and on dog walks. Seated at our kitchen counters and courtrooms. Laboring in offices between tax records and spare Sharpies. We become mothers not when we pee on a stick or hear the heartbeat or learn how to properly install a car seat for that first white-knuckled trip home from the hospital.
We become mothers with every contraction between, when we make the conscious decision to become smaller so another can become greater.
Mothers do this. Fathers do this. Biological mothers do this. Adoptive mothers do this. Mothers in developing countries do this. Step-parents do this. Firemen do this. Children do this. And on and on and on.
It is the longest birth I have ever witnessed. It is the smallest magic I have ever encountered." --
tag your favorite "mother," and thank them for making space for you, ok? 'tis the season for it. ❤️
- un23ilariayou look radiant ... this is a wonderful news for you and your family 😍
- thedecorfixI have to say, I've stopped reading 90% of the blogs I've followed for years. (Tis' my season for LESS in every area.) But yours is one that I still come back to. For the words with depth. For the contemplative yet conversational tone. For the real and the lovely and the posts like this one. ❤️
- erinloechner@thedecorfix omg this is such a kind compliment! Thank you for the encouragement!!!!!
- erinloechner@un23ilaria thank you!
- dcwvinc@meglloyd0409 @loganngirl
- email@example.com @sing4truth 😘😘😘
- sing4truth@meglloyd0409 😘
- the.lovingkind@nutrifocusrd so proud of the mother you are!!!
- firstname.lastname@example.org oh man thank you!
- heidimcThank you. @brooklynlamb that is so sweet. You understand!!
- email@example.com ~ teachers do this as our "parent partners" ~ thank you for your commitment to our keiki 🌈💞🙏🏼
- amyjwilson59This is so true! @kwalk_8 @juliemoore @brebre33 @kellinlindquist
- kimberlyabennMotherhood for sure comes in different ways! We adopted, then birthed, then took one in through foster care -that was pregnant- that also lived with us off and on from 18 months old- now we have a house full of girls. Mama to 3 of them - Mimi to to one.
- amynoonfree@cornertocorner ❤️
- imgacHey, this was from your birthday and I liked it! @hannah_gac
- jamie.pickett@mischelleinmaui this encouraged my heart more than you will ever know!!!!!!! LOVE getting to partner with you in raising up that gem of yours. Always in her corner. Always pushing her to learn and love and grow and grow and grow 💜💜💜💜💜💜
- hannah_gacI like that @imgac i think a lot of the familys i work with could relate to "the longest birth i have ever witnessed" thanks for tagging me
- cherievannCongrats!!! Adoptive mammas unite!!!
- mymyer@ashleighbrenna thank you. This meant everything to me
Log in to like or comment.