maskcaraIf you asked me 2 months ago if we were going to be getting another placement any time soon I would have told you no. Not right now. That would have been just moments before we got a call for a sweet and beautiful 14 year old girl. It's actually quite easy to say no to the idea of having foster children, I did it for many years without even breaking a sweat. But its only easy because you think you're saying no to a broken system or a job you might not want. it's a lot harder to say no to a child with big brown eyes and a sweet smile who doesn't have a home. When I asked her to tell me about herself she said "I like pink and soft things and cats...but I guess those count as soft things." And I pretty much fell in love with her right then. So we said yes. Im so happy that we did and so grateful to have the chance to have her in our life and in our family. ❤ (Im planning a Facebook live video for next Thursday at 7pm MST to help answer some of the questions I've had recently. please add yours below if you have any! 👇🏼) #gratitude #lighttheworld
- anipantsGod bless you, Cara. Thanks for inspiring so many to greater love 💕
- farewellfiance✨ 💫
- jessicaloveskevinkMy husband and I are in the process of getting certified for foster care and your posts are so encouraging. When I think oft he difficulties ahead I think of the song "love alone is worth the fight" by switch foot.
- alli.trippThank you for sharing your wonderful heart. I needed a story with a happy ending today.
- megmac412@aprilasalways hukohkp
- meg_mortenson@jennimortenson this is her second placement! You may already follow her 😚
- chellesebunkerThis is remarkable and miraculous and the most wonderful gift.
- jennimortenson@meg_mortenson I think you want to do it. 😉
- britcalderbeautyThis is amazing! ❤💗❤💗
- seejane_makeWhat a blessing for you both. Sometimes it's harder to say YES.
- nightchaydeYou are amazing!!
- lwyllys7Beautiful and brave! We said yes four times to our four babies, and it's been our very best adventure.
- muchlovekatexoI love this. Praying for you.
- txgrrlAfter toddlers went back to their mama, we said yes to a 17yo. Now she's our kid at 20. Saying yes to teens needs to be on a billboard somewhere. They need you as much and maybe more than the littles.
- erinlizzieroseHave you had your foster kids for short periods of time or do they stay in your care long term?
- erinlizzieroseAlso do you facilitate keeping the foster kids in contact with their families? Is that hard to keep them connected with people who have neglected or hurt them
- cari.soleimanyMy daughter is 14 and I cannot even imagine her without a place of safety and love ❤️. I applaud you for your courage, strength and love. May you have as many blessings as you have given.
- chelswthorntonAs a foster parent I am especially grateful for your choice to use your platform to share with others about this amazing oppurtunity. It has incredible blessings. What is this life without love and relationships? We must say YES!
- emculpepper@kristen_cloud_ you need to follow her😊
Log in to like or comment.