coconutsandkettlebellsOne of the biggest misconceptions in the fitness industry is that workouts have to be time-consuming and exhausting to be effective.
The truth is: Fitness is about doing BETTER, not more.
Many women get caught up in trying to always "go hard" or work out for hours doing weights and cardio in hopes of creating a higher “calories out.” In reality, when the body experiences stress in excess, especially when stress is also coming from other inputs—like LIFE—it can lead to negative physiological changes, including chronic cortisol output.
Chronic cortisol output affects our endocrine system in profound ways, and can hinder the body’s ability to recover, adapt, proceed with normal bodily processes related to metabolism and fertility, and build lean muscle mass. It also can lead to hormonal imbalances, which affect how the body stores and releases energy.
In essence, more is not better. More is just that—more. And depending on your individual circumstances, more can work directly against your goals. #strongfromhome
- paceofme@mileposts ✨
- coconutsandkettlebells#fitness #strengthtraining #strength #strong #strongwomen #homeworkout_4u #homeworkouts #homegym #nogymrequired #wod #athomeworkouts #kettlebells #kettlebelltraining #womenwholift #girlsgonestrong
- imheatherboYou are so encouraging and your approach is so life-giving, @coconutsandkettlebells ! Thank you!
- myhealthspinSo true! We often lose sight of this
- sra.doosI so needed this today... Rest days are hard for me!!!
- geoc1Keep being awesome!
- stephsel7Yes yes yes!!!!
- tjmamaof2Amen sister ☝️️
- nicky.skinnerLove this! And you
- tastyyummiesYessss 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼 Amen. Preach. All the things.
- patsy9647Quality over quantity
- healthfulpursuitPrecisely! ;)
Log in to like or comment.