erickaecklesNooooo.....Thought I was doing so well knitting the cuff of my socks on the bus but my needle just caught in my fingerless gloves and a whole load of stitches have slipped off the needle....must confess I cussed a little worse than "curling purls"…. These are the lovely Lunar Tides sock by @louisetilbrookdesigns ....... #sockemergency #desperatelytryingtopickupstitcheswithoutswearingonthebus #knittingbritish #louisetilbrookdesigns #johnarbontextiles #goodbyechiliblainshellowarmtoes
- louisetilbrookdesignsAah..the perils of travel knitting
- purlmcknittyNooo, that's why I don't do dns!
- neuroticpandoraOh no, I hate it when that happens.
- erickaeckles@louisetilbrookdesigns @the_ellipsissy @neuroticpandora .....Emergency over, stitches all picked up 😃
- vinca56Glad to hear you've managed to rescue the situation! I tend to pull what I assume is the working needle, only to find I've ripped out a load of stitches... 🙄
- janemakesPhew! Glad you've rescued it!
- erickaeckles@vinca56 @janemakes I think I should have left the knitting at home today because I've managed to pull out 2 needles this time 😣 .. oddly I'm feeling remarkably calm about it, though that might be more to the fact that I'm just minutes from home and a pot of tea 😊
- 01stumpyOh no! Glad to hear stitches have been picked up and you're close to tea!
- buttercupandbeeSo glad you were able to rescue your stitches. I think you are very brave taking these on the bus. It would be vanilla socks only for me.
- erickaeckles@01stumpy it was a bit trickier picking up the second lot but a steady hand and a big pot of tea saw me through 😃
- erickaeckles@buttercupandbee ahhh it was only this last bit I did on the bus, it's a very nice rib which widens and goes skinny again but as you're making the same stitch as the one beneath it it's not too bad......
Log in to like or comment.