piebird_farm_sanctuaryFrom all your friends here at @piebird_farm_sanctuary: During this season our human hearts parade towards peace. This is reflected in cards, carols and cheer -- but in contradiction to these ideals, many holiday traditions are the opposite of peace. Our kindness always extends to those around the holiday table, but what about those who you may put on the table?
Like the companion animal-friends that we all love, every animal is an individual with sentience, feelings and love to share. But on farms, they are hidden away and treated like commodities at best. They are confined, crowded, stressed, abused and made vulnerable. They see only the worst of humanity. All the lives that share this earth with us want kindness, respect and love. They should be here with us and not for us. To create peace, we must consider all sentient beings and make better choices to celebrate the true values of the holidays.
Our humanity is reflected in how we treat the most vulnerable. Peace begins with what you choose to put on your plate this holiday, and everyday. Peace begins with you. #VeganLove
- piebird_farm_sanctuary#vegan #vegansofig #vegans #veganfortheanimals #animalliberation #friendsnotfood #turkeylove #peace
- jessdury#love and #compassion to all. Let's hope 2017 brings these things to those who may need more ❤️
- millies_placeSo beautifully said as always
- piebird_farm_sanctuary@jessdury yes!! It will indeed!
- piebird_farm_sanctuary@millies_place Thanks! Happy Solstice to you! 💚S
Log in to like or comment.