mother_pukkaApologies for my gallumphing, mildly patronising tone... not an easy one to deliver when I mainly vlog about bashing up shop-bought cakes. Anyhow, my folks told me today that they're donating two chimneys to @practical_action this weekend instead of sending out Christmas cards, which is a good thing. They were terrified of us going to Nepal a few weeks ago (I was 8 weeks knocked up and it was a 17 hour flight) but once they saw all the footage, they totally understood why we had to go. This charity focuses on the issues that aren't 'sensational' enough to get reams of press coverage but are no less deadly. This is the first of our vlogs highlighting the issue of indoor smoke pollution - it kills more people globally than Aids, malaria and TB combined #practicalaction #parentingtheshitoutofchristmas #motherpukka **to donate or support the charity go to www.practicalaction.org** 🎥 @lifeofmatt
- mother_pukka@oogaababy 👆🏻💋
- blackandbeechWe are doing the charity donation rather then cards this year too, thanks for highlighting something I knew nothing about. X
- mother_pukka@blackandbeech it makes so much sense. I do love a Christmas card but Father Christmas needs a chimney to come down more urgently xxx
- janicksHad no idea about this. Hadn't even thought about it. Am off to donate to these guys immediately. Thanks @mother_pukka, happy chrimbo
- orwellausten💕 Nepal is an incredible place with incredible people. Well done for highlighting this issue. Going to donate a chimney as my daughter's present (she is 8 months so seems silly to buy her things as she would happily sit and play with wrapping paper!) xx
- mother_pukka@orwellaustencashmere @janicks I know I'm knocked up but I properly cried reading that. I am not a sentimental person, I give money to charity but haven't ever invested time in any one. This means a shed load. Really. Thank you.
- inpolifeMore deaths than TB AIDS and Malaria. From smoke?! Jeeeez this website has made me blub. So me and my can't be arsed to send cards malarkey have just donated to @practical_action x
- vdsa78@mother_pukka @practical_action chimney purchased. No one really wants Christmas cards anyway! Keep up the amazing work. And @mother_pukka your small humans will be immensely proud of you when they're big enough to understand 👏🏼👏🏼
- meady_veeThank you for highlighting this, my 4 month old is having a chimney in Nepal for Christmas! 2017 is looking brighter for so many of the families in Nepal in urgent need of chimneys and it's all thanks to you! You rock @mother_pukka 👏🏻👏🏻xxxx p.s kudos for going to Nepal in the early stages of your pregnancy- so brave xxxx
- orwellaustenAll done. I can't believe that it is a bigger killer than AIDS, Malaria or TB! Xx
- canmakeeggsThis is fantastic. Well done for trying to get the word out I had no idea of the seriousness of this issue, thanks for highlighting xx
- trisha.macWho needs a Xmas card @mother_pukka you are so correct! Glad you've brought this project to the forefront!
- mama.knowsbestI've always wanted to go and do something like this with my son, my only worry is travelling to these places on my own as a single mum. Maybe when he's older as he's still a toddler but I wish there was a way I could do it now 😔
- theparentingsurvivorsclub@mother_pukka - was putting the eldest to bed when I donated. Brought my purse upstairs so I could pay while she was falling asleep - tapping away with one hand and smoothing her hair with the other. Feeling all pleased with myself until I went to pay for my last minute Xmas purchases this morning in town - and realised I'd left my damn purse in her room 😂😂😂 Consoling myself with a coffee paid for in sticky, fluff covered shrapnel ☕️
- drjessamySuch a brilliant thing you did 🌟
- lyndsey.tickner@mother_pukka I've already bought my cards ( I actually wrote them last year and forgot to send them) so I've bought a chimney! Whoop whoop! I hope I get an invite to the house for lunch. 😜
- mother_pukka@Lyndsey.tickner you amazing woman!!! Thank you thank you ❤️❤️❤️
- _hannahspannah_How much is a chimney? I couldn't see on their website
- mother_pukka@_hannahspannah_ it's £75 💋
Log in to like or comment.