densmoreknivesShould be a couple handles inside this 200+ lb oak burl... thanks again@crimdelacrim508 👍
It's fresh cut so I'll have to wait a while before cracking it open.
Anyone have any tips for drying burls?
#knifemaking #knifehandles #woodworking #capemade #keepingitlocal #burl
- uhh_whutTell them bad jokes, and have the burls stay away from booze. Should help anyone or thing dry out 😂
- densmoreknives@uhh_whut haha thanks for the tip
- lindalikesmartinisNow get to work!
- densmoreknives@lindalikesmartinis 🙄
- lindalikesmartinis@densmoreknives hahaaaaa!!
- chrisinriWax any end grain and forget about it for a few years
- taylormadeknivesI'd paint the cut end with anchor seal and let it dry for a couple years before having it sliced into wafers. Have your wafers cut thicker than you like. They will warp when they dry out more. Once they are dry you can cut them accordingly
Log in to like or comment.