phoebelapineWhen I was three, my parents took a job in Paris and moved our small nuclear trio across the Atlantic. I was too young to hold on to the language beyond vocab for clothes and food (I.e. the essentials), but after seven years since the last visit, it still feels like home.🗼🇫🇷 Every street name sounds familiar, like the key to a long forgotten memory--most likely an indulgent eclair purchase, or in more recent years, a pair of chaussures.👠👠 It's the smells though that take me back, more so than any shop or street corner. The musk of the metro, the caramelized sugar and crisping poulet roti meeting in the middle of a busy boulevard.🍮🍖🚈 I thought I would have more #glutenfree angst over the childhood faves I can no longer enjoy. But I'm taking it all in and filling up in other ways. And of course housing plenty in between.🍽 More scenes from the day of wandering--all ten miles of it--in my stories. 😘 Bisous!
- alexshytsmanOmg!!! 😍😍😍
- carriedfarrellhave the best time!!! 🗼🍷🧀
- amare_la_cucinaPretty nice
- torres.tovarLove your feed
- wvouteLove this post!
- mrkcohenProfits-en !
- brookebasspdxSo jealous right now!! 💕
- sarahkernochanyou'll have a cream and butter IV drip at those Parisian restaurants - and don't forget the real thing sole meuniere as you used to have every damn Sunday when you were 4 and already knew how to order what you craved.
- heartbeetkitchenYay, you made it! I didn't know you once lived there. 💖
- thehealthyappleEnjoy! ❤❤❤
- iam_hassan5wow this is beautiful. @phoebelapine
- phoebelapine@carriedfarrell thanks lady!
- debbiephillips1This post is the opening chapter of your next book!! #justsayin'
- phoebelapine@heartbeetkitchen I was so little, but still got the bug
- phoebelapine@debbiephillips1 hehe if you say so deb!!
- phoebelapine@sarahkernochan alas you're the only one who will make it for me sans farine de ble.
- snixykitchenWhat a fond memory!
Log in to like or comment.