lisakokin#Repost @jewseum with @repostapp
"It feels particularly relevant to be installing this piece now," says artist Lisa Kokin as she discusses her installation "Inventory," now on view in the exhibition "From Generation to Generation: Inherited Memory and Contemporary Art." "Inventory" was created after Kokin visited the Buchenwald concentration camp and confronted the piles of humble objects left behind.
- elmalayheehoo@acupofbeauty @mollsmachine
- amymeissnerartistI love this work @lisakokin, every time I see it I'm just blown away. I visited Aushwitz in 1996 and remain deeply moved by what I saw and felt that day. The items you've chosen to wrap speak to the preservation of humanity. Beautiful. Thank you.
- nancyismsYou say it so beautifully. I've taken a workshop with you, amazing artist you are
- mollsmachine@elmalayheehoo let's go!
- lisakokin@amymeissnerartist thank you! I was at Buchenwald the same year.
- lisakokin@amymeissnerartist @nancyisms thank you!
- yayaelikaAmazing and moving creation.
Log in to like or comment.