erickaecklesI'm really excited because the winner of the @wovemberwool Instagram competition is announced later today and I'm making the prize....a bespoke needle wrap for either dpns or interchangeables....I've bought some beautiful handwoven Donegal tweed and a lighter weight cloth for the lining...both of these are 100% wool fabrics.... The wrap shown here is one I made in the Summer for my friend Anne, the fabric used was a wool coat that had belonged to her mum, it was quite badly torn and she thought I might be able to do something with it...the embroidery was sewn by hand using vintage pure wool crewel threads and I'm more than happy to incorporate something like this in the bespoke wrap.....I don't envy the judging as there were some really stunning pictures being shared.... #Wovember #wovember2016 #woolnotjustforknittingwith #handmadeandunique #handembroidered
- erickaecklesI've written a little bit about this and other needle wraps I've made on my blog today (link to that is in my profile)...
- hannapatchaestheticOh my, how lovely! And really like that you were rescuing a meaningful textile and adding even more love and meaning to it.
- 01soupdragonExcited to see my wrap on the blog!
- sarahnorthchildLove this blog post!
- erickaeckles@hannapatchaesthetic thank you, my most treasured fabric is a piece of pink and white striped cotton left over from making our Nanny's bed linen smaller (when she got old she could no longer manage her stairs so had a narrower bed bought into her parlour)...only scraps remain now but as precious to me as gold.
- erickaeckles@01soupdragon ❤❤❤
- erickaeckles@sarahnorthchild thank you, your own wrap is about ten minutes away now from the post office 😊
- sarahnorthchild@erickaeckles Yay! I can't wait to put my needles into it! Your blog post totally vindicated all my choosiness about needle cases, thanks for your attention to detail 😊
- erickaeckles@sarahnorthchild needlecases posted, fingers crossed it will be with you tomorrow....thank you for the nice compliments ❤
- woollykindknitsI am so excited to have one of your amazing needle wraps!!
- erickaecklesYay @woollykindknits I'm so looking forward to making it and will share pictures of the Donegal tweed and wool cloth once the sun makes an appearance here 🐏
- sarahnorthchildSo excited to see your sender address on my parcel! Thank you for sending my beautiful wrap so quickly ❤️
- erickaecklesYay, I'm so glad it's gotten there safe and sound, hope it will accommodate all your needles and many thank you's for the order 😊
Log in to like or comment.