bunnacafeWe designed the wall behind our bar to follow the map of early Lalibela. Each rectangle represents one of the eleven churches, while the two shelves depict (n to s ) a tunnel from Bet Giorgis to the eastern church complex , and (s to n) the River Yordanos, named after the one in Jerusalem.
The rectangles representing the churches is a common icon in Ethiopian art, and is represented in various places throughout the restaurant.
Gebeta is said to be the original mancala-style board game. Evidence of gebeta boards have been found in artifacts from Classical-era Axum (more on the Axumite Empire later). #historylesson#ethiopia#lalibela#churches#history#wondersoftheworld#unesco#worldheritage#habesha#ethiopianhistory#abyssinia#axum#jebena#coffee
- buna_blues_cafeThank you...... Great knowledge
- jahmah.sI love how you have Amharic and English w photos you could make an amazing book for kids and adults @bunnacafe
- email@example.com hmm something to think abt.
- jahmah.s@bunnacafe I'd buy it ❤
- bossladytamikaLoving it!
- reneemarinaccio_Lovin it 😃
- travydaddy@chayannejanaye first stop when we go to New York
- chayannejanaye@travydaddy just let me know the date
Log in to like or comment.