planningplaytimeCootie Catcher CVC Word Reading activity.
This one was a winner with my kiddos, once we figured out how to make cootie catchers. (My nephew had to help us out.) 😂
1. Outside layer has common consonants. Roll a dice to see which one to write and open.
2. Get the vowel from the correct open section.
3. Flip over the vowel to find your final consonant.
Ta da! You have a word. Now do it again.
- planningplaytime#funlearning #learningtoread #teachersofig #iteachprek #iteachfirst #iteachk #teacherspayteachers #kindergartenfun #kindergartenlife #readinggames #kindergartenrocks #playmatters #kbnmoms #firstgraderocks #utahblogger #kidblogger #homeschoolfun
- thefirstgraderoundupI used to love these!!
- heapahooplaI love this!
- planningplaytime@thefirstgraderoundup My kids are super into them right now. Their "futures" make me giggle. 😂
- tinystepsmakebigstridesJust love this. 💜
- planningplaytime@heapahoopla Thanks! It was a lot of fun!
- planningplaytime@tinystepsmakebigstrides It was a big hit with my kids. We'll be doing it again.
- thehousethatlallibuiltSuch a great idea! I loved making cootie catchers when I was younger. We used them to tell fortunes:)
- mystorytimecornerWhat a clever use of cootie catchers!
- planningplaytime@thehousethatlallibuilt My kids do that too! This was a nice switch up.
- planningplaytime@mystorytimecorner Thank you. We had fun with it. 😀
- homeboundbuthopefulThis looks so fun! I've never made a cootie catcher but it may be time to give it a try!
- tiffiny223This is great! I bet my daughter would love it.
Log in to like or comment.