whyfoodworksYesterday: got an Instant Pot. Today: broth making. All the onion peels, dried up garlic, veggie butts, parm rinds, some dried herbs and even a clementine peel I've had over the past few months are making my apartment smell INSANELY amazing. This weekend David and I are going to start nutritional ketosis for a few weeks (mostly because I'm fascinated that in all my 33 years, my body has a whole other metabolic system I've never used!) and broth is a big part of it. Any tips from people who've done it? Putting our first week's menu together today! #broth #homemade #keto #ketogenic #nutritionalketosis
- rpcorbalisParm rinds 👌
- shaffergramWhat's an instant pot? I feel strongly it will be something I need once you explain it 😉
- whyfoodworks@shaffergram YOU DO. It's a slow cooker with a pressure cooker lid, and has rice, bean, and steaming functions too - really they should call it an everything pot, bc instant is an overstatement but everything is absolutely true! Lucas has one and I made two batches of bone broth, each in less than an hour and they taste like they cooked for 5.
- hollsballs333You got an instant pot?? Awesome!!!
- whyfoodworks@hollsballs333 yeah man did it! $99 on Amazon. I plan to use it twice a week.
- christythebakerWhat is the benefit of doing nutritional ketosis? Thanks!
- whyfoodworks@christythebaker it's got great evidence for helping people with epilepsy and to some degree, Alzheimer's. There's some evidence to suggest it can prevent or help treat cancer, since those cells are glucose hogs - I'm curious how I'll feel and what I'll notice, no family history of any of those things for me (tho my bf does have a strong history of cancer in the men in his family).
Log in to like or comment.