houseforsixHit a minor setback. We're short two boxes of flooring #boo We could order two more but they're kinda pricey and since we wouldn't be placing a bulk order like last time, we'll have to pay for shipping. And the shipping cost is ridiculous. Soooooo.....suck it up or plan B? Since we'll need transition strips at every doorway due to the previous floor cuts (even if we did use the same flooring), we're now thinking of doing something totally different. Maybe herringbone grey toned brick, or a slate colored tile, or maybe a fun patterned tile. AAHHH!! #frozenwithindecision #houseinprogress and there's a random tour of the upstairs when I was trying to document this in Insta stories. Be forwarned...it's messy. #hfsentry
- anonnenmanSlate tile!!!! Send me some shots of your colors branching off of this area and I'll throw ideas your way! #borntobeaninteriordesigner 🤷🏼♀️
- houseforsix@anonnenman you do have the eye! 😉 The link in my profile is from our holiday house tour and you can see most of the adjoining rooms in that post! Although we still have a ton of wood paneling to paint white. The walls in the entry and stairs are also going to get some white trim work with the rest painted a lighter grey. But I may do a darker focal wall or wallpaper behind the piano. And I want to have some fun in the small half bath in this area too 😊
- kristenwindleI say some kind of tile (since my kids all just came in from sledding and are dripping water and snow all over our hardwood)!
- anonnenman@houseforsix headed to Urgent Care-again-will check it out while there. Kristen has a great point! I love me some tile!
- houseforsix@kristenwindle ha! An excellent point as this same scenario has played out many times at our house!
- houseforsix@anonnenman oh no!!! Feel better Mama!
- houseunseenOh man. Tough decision! Is there another door that the kids usually come in that has/can have waterproof flooring? Seems like it would be so nice for the adjoining rooms to match up. On the other hand, the excitement of choosing something new is so tempting. Ugh! So hard!
- catholicwifecatholiclifeHerringbone brick!! How would you buy that?
- houseforsix@houseunseen yes! We usually come through the garage door and then straight to the mudroom. And that big rug usually catches enough dirt and water when they do come through the front door before they tear through the rest of house
- robin.nest.laneHerringbone brick! ❤
- houseforsix@catholicwifecatholiclife Home depot has a product called Abbey Brick tile but it's also on the pricey end. We need to crunch the numbers and see if our insurance will cover it!
- thesimplyclassichomeI can officially envision the tile!
- yasmara13@kristenwindle yes, this exactly. Tile in an entry area is awesome.
Log in to like or comment.