coconutsandkettlebellsExactly two years ago, I share a post declaring what no personal trainer dared to in the industry: I didn't want six-pack abs, and that didn't affect my worth, value, or my health and fitness.
Showing my "six-pack ab free" midsection was an anomaly. It was vulnerable, and unprecedented.
This post took the industry by storm, and got FAR more attention than I ever could have expected. My website crashed 3 times, and went from having MAYBE 500 hits a day, to having a quarter of a million people going to THIS article in a matter of days.
To say that I wasn't nervous to do this would have been a lie. I was anxious, and jittery before hitting "publish"—but, I knew it was time for a different message, and the time was now.
The truth is, if I had known what I do NOW about health and fitness 12 years ago—that happiness DOESN’T come from what your body is, it comes from what your body DOES, I would have saved myself an enormous amount of time, energy, and emotional toil.
I now know that my worth has nothing to do with how lean my body is, or the number on the scale.
I know that more is not inherently better, and trying to maintain a set number of workouts because it’s what other people are doing will almost always lead to frustration, injury, and burnout.
I know that chasing after other people’s standards of success is a massive waste of time, and being the boss of my own body radically changes my ability to achieve the things I want to long-term.
All of this... I want YOU to know this. I want you to pursue fitness not based on what you think you “should” look like or be doing, but instead, according to what’s right for you life and your body.
It’s why I have spent the last few years talking so openly about this on my website and podcast, and now, created programs for people who want an entirely new way of engaging with fitness (that doesn't include "should-ing" all over the place.) If you’re interested in learning exactly how to build a plan that’s right for your body (including what NOT to do!), I think you’ll love the 3-part video e-course I created.
Watch the e-course --> http://strongfromhome.com/course (LINK IN PROFILE) 💪🏼
- karlie_eat_to_liveYour original post two years ago changed my life and I went on to do/share further research on the topic of how excessive fitness can affect female health. Thank you. :)
- rbatesonThis post moderately changed my life. Thank youuuuuu.
- birthfitAnd six pack abs don't always equal a functional trunk/core. 🤘💚
- tricia.13@snorris1. THIS!!!!
- firstname.lastname@example.org 👍🏻 truth
- kjsen@coconutsandkettlebells you bawssss! 👊🏼I don't want a six pack either #overrated
- kate.runs.through.itLoved this 2 years ago and love it today! Such an amazing message. Thanks again for sharing 💖
- bu9094Healthy and proud!!
- hallieconwayI am thankful for you and your website and podcast!! You have/are helping me to love my body and what it is capable of!! Thanks for what you do! Your the bomb. 💣😊
- coconutsandkettlebells@birthfit YEEEAAS. Said exactly that in the post.
- nicholesealBeyond love this!!!!
- birthfitncLoved that article when you published it and still love the message!
- clairissa_pAh I freaking love you @coconutsandkettlebells you inspire me so much & remind me that it's OKAY for all of us to love the skin we're in & to work out because we love our selves and our bodies, not because we loathe them. Keep it up! #nosixpacknoproblem
- email@example.com She's a good one to follow! 🙌❤😍
- pattyiosAmen. Also 🙌🏼
- ellen_wilhelmI wish I could 'like' this a thousand times!
- marla_joy_pAnd this is why I love you!! I am so happy to have found your podcast , periscopes and website a few years ago. I remember this picture! You are an amazing role model!
Log in to like or comment.