brookebasspdxIn our house, along with most in these parts, January 6th marks the official end to the holiday season and the beginning of Carnival. That means we toss out the tree 🎄(which was, incidentally, unceremoniously lost to the bayou off the bow of our boat during the last storm, lights and all 😒) AND we get to work on the first king cake of the season! This one is filled with salted caramel and actually melts in your mouth. Recipe on the blog, in the archives. Happy Mardi Gras Season, y'all!!!! 👑👑👑
#f52grams #foodandwine #howiholiday #foods4thought #feedfeed #eattheworld #cookit #foodphotography #foodblogger #foodblog #foodblogfeed #blogtribe #eattheworld #tastingtable #rslove #mywilliamssonoma #myholidaytradish #simpleeats #visitneworleans
- brookebasspdx@hellomydumpling I know the feeling, lady! This is my first MG season back in Nola since 2005 and I'm SO damn excited, going to eat so much cake! 😋😋😋
- brookebasspdx@dindrapp right?!?
- brookebasspdx@jlambkins if you say so but I do believe there was a cake motivator in there 🍰😋PS I hope yalls flight lands ok! We're having winds up to 35 mph, which btw is making sailboat life 😬😬😬
- brookebasspdx@thecoastaltable 😘😘😘
- brookebasspdx@girl_ryane October is my favorite month in nola! Best weather as far as I'm concerned. I'm going to be posting a food and drink guide to Nola soon so keep an eye out! 😍
- brookebasspdx@harvest_and_honey it's a complicated one but well worth it, I think! 😍💕
- brookebasspdx@floatingkitchen 😘😘😘
- cynthiapsphotoAnd I have made it, and it is spectacular!!! #delicious #kingcake
- dessertfortwoHaha I love your life ❤
- heartbeetkitchenGluten envy.
- brookebasspdx@cynthiapsphoto aww geee thanks!!!! We need to make this asap, in your kitchen preferably 😉😉
- brookebasspdx@dessertfortwo 😂😂😂😘
- brookebasspdx@heartbeetkitchen we need to brainstorm a GF king cake. I feel like it is totally doable...
- snixykitchen😂 and 😭 about the tree but 🎉🎉🎉 for this cake!
- nourish_atelierWauwiee 😍😍
- portlandaproncompanyEverything in New Orleans sounds like it's more fun!
- cookbookcreateLove! 💙
- sarannfayDo you have a recommendation for the best place to order one from to be shipped?
- brookebasspdx@sarannfay I think almost all places ship these days but favs are either Haydels, Randazzos, or Sucre! Sucre is my #1 😉😘
Log in to like or comment.