fivelittledoves"Being stubborn can be a good thing. Being stubborn can be a bad thing. It just depends on how you use it." ~ Willie Aames. .
I was so hopeful that 2017 would see an improvement with Eva going to school. After four long months of tears every morning, I kept telling myself that it would all be very different this year. Perhaps she just needed a little more time to adapt, perhaps the break at home would give her the boost she needed for the new term, perhaps missing her friends over the Christmas holidays would leave her raring to get back to class? .
Yesterday, when we spoke about going back to school, I told her how much fun the new term would be, about all of the exciting things that she would learn, how in no time at all it would be February half term and the countdown to her birthday would be on. And she seemed okay with it, compared with previous months, so much so that I was quietly optimistic we had turned a corner. .
What I didn't count on is the fact that once Eva makes her mind up about something, NOTHING is going to change it. And as she sobbed her way through breakfast, cried and pleaded with me on the school run, gave me a million and one excuses as to why she couldn't go to school today, I felt that familiar knot return in my stomach. As I prised her little hand from mine, those big blue eyes of hers brimming with tears, and she begged me, "Please don't leave me?", I felt my heart, which had been so full of happiness this Christmas, break all over again. 💔
#ChasingNature #ExplorerKids #letsgolittles #thehappynow #clickinmoms #mydarlingmemory #thismamaloves #littlefierceones #lifecloseup #kcacols #pinklinker #coolmumclub #happylittlebuttons #capturingtheday #heartfluttermoments #curiouslittleexplorers #myhappycapture #our_every_day_moments #littlestoriesofmylife #darlingdaily #dearphotographer #cameramama #simplepleasures #livebeautifully #developinglife #ukexplore #rememberingthesedays #WorldofLittles #cherisheverymoment #fivelittledoves
- maisieejoOh bless her this must be so horrible to have to see/do 😔 I really hope she comes to love school soon!! Xx
- fiandtylerleeI'm loving the light in your photos 💕
- nicolabear987Oh bless her. My little one is having trouble at the moment x
- rhymingwithwineAw such a cute cheeky little smile. So beautiful as always xx
- suzannew_picsIn response to your question, we probably had tears most tears through Reception and sporadically in Year 1. She's never liked going to other people's houses and even now, at 15, sometimes struggles! I think some just are more attached to mummy that others. I encouraged but never forced her. With school it's obviously different and she did settle eventually. X
- deanb_littlestepsLove the quote!
- mudpiefridaysLove this sums up someone I know very well! Xx
- vicweltonBrilliant saying! So true x
- tea_or_wineI so feel your pain. My eldest was the same and whilst she did turn a bit of a corner last year after Christmas about school, she always gets upset about going back after the holidays even now. Hang on in there, it will get better. We saw a SENCO teacher last year too for tips on dealing with this. Good luck. X
- bobblejimPut a picture of you in her bag? Or a badge on her that's yours and tell her your at school in thought and whenever she looks at it you are thinking of her too??
- wittsinthewildMy daughter did this up until i decided to home educate her at 7 sorry its so tough to see little ones sob x
- bridiebytheseaOh Laura, that's heartbreaking 😢 hope it gets a bit easier for Eva soon. Such an adorable photo xx
- firstooth_I can imagine this being heartbreaking. Some children do take a very long time to settle and sometimes a little chat with the teachers for support usually helps. Poor little thing it's a scary thing when you're uncomfortable with it all but for as long as you're strong then she will be too. I hope she settles soon x
- mess_and_merlotAww I really feel for you. Have you spoken to her teacher about it? They must be so used to some children being upset going in. Maybe she would be allowed to bring a comfort toy in or walk in with the teacher? I struggle with what to do as Flump is the only one who still gets teary (she's Yr 1) but I don't want to pander to her too much as I know as soon as she see's me 'soften' she'll play up to it more. It will pass eventually I know but that doesn't help much when you're dreading school drop off every morning. The positive thing is that like Eva she's fine when she's in there which is a relief. Flump is also quiet and not confident in school which I find such a shame as I see a very confident VERY VOCAL little girl at home! Kids eh? Any wonder we enjoy a glass of wine? 😄🍷
- jennielegriffettAh hugs hun. Just came to ask how she got on. Xx
- mymummyspenniesVery true, my daughter takes both the good and the bad from it I believe!
- littlepicklemomOh no Laura, I can't imagine how hard this must be. Sending so much love - although sounds like some other commenters have some great suggestions! Poor Eva.
- jaimeoliverukAww bless her sending big hugs and hope it gets better x
- lifewithmrsleeOh Eva!! Bless her heart. Must be so so tough for you both lovely. My daughter is the same though, once she's made her mind up, that's it. No changing it! Xxx
Log in to like or comment.