empoweredsustenanceRECIPE: CAKE BATTER COLLAGEN BARS
These nutrient-dense bites feature concentrated protein from grassfed collagen as well as healthy fats from coconut butter. To up the sweetness factor, you can dip the chilled bars in melted chocolate... yum!
½ cup coconut butter, softened at room temperature
¼ cup + 1 Tbs. Vital Protein’s Collagen Peptides
1 Tbs. honey
1 Tbs. coconut oil
½ tsp. vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
Line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper. In a bowl, combine the coconut butter and collagen. Add the honey. When the honey is added, the mixture will become slightly crumbly.
Add the coconut oil, which will help "pull together" the mixture. If necessary, add another teaspoon or two of coconut oil. Add the vanilla and a pinch of salt.
Transfer the mixture to the baking sheet and form into a square with your hands. Score the square with a knife to create small bars. Chill in the fridge until firm, about 30 minutes. Then cut into bars along the scored marks.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge. If desired, let soften slightly at room temperature before eating.
This recipe and others featuring nutrient-dense, hormone-supporting collagen are available in my *free* cookbook, THE COLLAGEN COOKBOOK. Go download it here: #linkinprofile http://empoweredsustenance.com/the-collagen-cookbook/
- empoweredsustenance#paleorecipe #glutenfree #holistic #nutrition #collagen #nutrientdense #jerf #foodismedicine #coconutoil #coconutoilforeverything
- sarabe11Yum! Thank you:) @brbgrl18 another idea for you?
- lbeisThese are delicious!! I need more peptides now :)
- lbeisCan you use the gelatin in place of the peptides? @empoweredsustenance
- wholesomehomesteadblogThose look great! Thanks for sharing
- my.oh.mayaThese are the best. My roommates flipped out when I made these. In the best way.
- diypaleoI forgot about this recipe but it's one of my favorite of yours! They make an excellent hiking snack :)
- cindyw0Can I use Ghee instead of Coconut butter
- emilydelahHoly moly these are delicious!! My 15 month old LOVES them. I'm excited about getting collagen and coconut butter in her!
- andreakupermanThese are my favorite thing ever. I always have them on hand. A great AIP snack.
- arisingwellnessThese are so addicting! I like to add a bit of peppermint sometimes too.
- chulie_maryYou are speaking my 💗 language!! Thanks!!!
- greendirtstudioI love the recipes you share on here!
- beautifyyourbrainMmmmmm making these!
- desolatehomesteadI love these! I need to make some more this week.
- dreab111Love these!! Thank you for sharing! 😊
Log in to like or comment.