insta.revealedInstagram 30 Day Challenge - Day 5
You have 2 seconds to make a first impression with your Instagram Bio.
This is your chance to tell users about yourself and why they should follow your feed. Potential Followers will decide in 2 seconds if they want to follow you based on SKIMMING your description and your first 6 images. That's all the time you get, so make it count.
🔗 Keep it short. The profile bio is limited to 150 characters.
🔗 Break up the text with paragraph returns so it’s not a huge run-on sentence and a big block of text to read & consider using emojis.
🔗 Either use the NOTES feature on your phone to create your bio and copy/paste in on your phone OR click the 123 button to get the secondary keyboard with the RETURN button to create paragraphs.
🔗 Optimally only use 4 lines for readability and the ability to still see images on your account
Tell your audience what your account is about and what they can expect to see. Some ideas for key pieces of information that YOUR audience would be interested in to put in your bio:
📌 What is this account about? What can the user expect to see in the posts?
📌 Establish your authority. List any awards or credentials detailing your authority in your niche.
📌 List your location by City/Town. Often times brands want to target specific areas for their campaigns. This will help them to know where you are located.
📌 How can you be reached? Provide people with a way to contact you, whether it be a phone number (for businesses) or an email address.
📌 Highlight other social media accounts - List out your other social media accounts where your audience can find you or brands can check out other potential marketing avenues if they work with you.
📌If you have a business account, you have the ability to put your contact information in separately so that it doesn’t take up space out of the 150 characters. You can also select what type of account you are, such as “Blogger” or “Shopping/Retail”. This automatically lets potential followers know what kind of account you have before scrolling through.
📌 Call to Action Line - For example: ➡️ Get your FREE Instag
- insta.revealed@christina_cv17 yes that's a great way to think of it!
- erinaschowLove these tips!
- celestearlingtonAs always, great tips!
- andrea_agostaAwesome tips !
- whatyou_make_itUsing notes to make my bio was one of the best tips I'd gotten about IG!
- jamiehansen__Such great tips
- touristbychanceThanks guys for the tips!!
- mamasmilesThis is important
- beautybyphillippa_I didn't know about the business account option - thanks
- tellmetuesdayAnother great tip!
- icklepickleslifeandtravelsBrilliant advice 😌
- theivyinvestorGreat insight
- thequietgroveGreat tip
- mpowered.marketingGreat tip!
- organicmomentsphotographyAll great tips
- thecutielifeSo true!
- weekendcandyGoing to review my bio now!
- travelermomI had no idea how to get paragraphs. Great tip.
- prettiinpinkblogLove the tips! ❤️ 👌
Log in to like or comment.