selvedgemagazineAs today marks the centenary of the birth of Lucienne Day 1917-2010 we thought we've gathered some material from the Robin & Lucienne Day Foundation archive, to look back over Day's work.
#birthday #textiles #design
Image: Artwork for Perpetual furnishing fabric, Lucienne Day, British, Celanese, 1953. From the John Lewis Partnership archives, courtesy of the Robin & Lucienne Day foundation.
- pallavimudhooI would have loved to gift those to the ex main community ☺☺ it is beautiful and days are changing
- morwennawells@selvedgemagazine I can remember this fabric in my parents kitchen in the early 60s, although I think my Mum made the curtains in the late 50's.
- gigirosadoOne of my fav patterns ever:)
- islandlifeinteriorsI was lucky enough to attend a lecture by her when I was a student - really inspirational
- polifigueroaI just love Lucienne Day...so elegant, minimal and playfull!
- dinahsdollsdublinGorgeous fabric💛
- knitwrenShe's one of my favorites! Some years ago, Virago Modern Classics did a series of modern novels by women with covers by women fabric artists. One of my favorites is an edition of A Far Cry From Kensington covered in a pale blue grey version of Day's "Calyx." Fabulous design! Great novel too! 💛❤️💛
- jennyleekatzdesignsOne of the great designers! I love the simplicity of her work.
- victoriabdesignLove her work so so much! ❤️
- kathymccreedySO cool!!!
- the_silver_locketI just love her designs ❤️
Log in to like or comment.