Fremont Bridge in Seattle at sunset, and a friend with serious iPhone photography skills.
This year, in addition to my annual New Year’s Eve vision board, I also wrote five feelings and five values that I wished to encompass, fully and deliberately, in 2017. I am using the power of neuroplasticity to intentionally re-wire my brain to more often default to those feelings and values. One of those feelings was “delighted.”
When I’m in a flow with work, when I’m living creatively, when I’m in nature, and when I am with others who live creatively, I am delighted. When someone told me that I was “disproportionately delighted” a simple thing, I thought, “well, that’s me at my best!”
But, in the midst of tedious human anxieties and irritations I can lose touch with my delight. When I saw this photo, I saw myself in my true delight. In the last couple of days, when I’ve felt frustration creeping up, I try to tell myself, “Hey, what happened to that girl in the photo? What can you feel delighted about right now? FIND THAT THING.”
This is the work of neuroplasticity. In order to change our mindset, we have to consciously think new thoughts. We have to feel delight on purpose, if we want our minds to default to delight. It’s practice, practice, practice, and giving ourselves grace when we could have done better.
More on neuroplasticity, mindset, and spirituality coming soon. In the meantime, here is how learning about neuroplasticity in the last year has changed my life: #linkinprofile http://empoweredsustenance.com/how-to-build-a-better-brain/
What is a feeling or value do you want to wire your brain for, in 2017?
- malpal865What a beautifully candid shot of a truly beautiful human 💛
- empoweredsustenance#healingjourney #mindset #2017 #intentions #neuroplasticity #PNW #seattle #PNWwonderland
- oceanskyneComfort my Jouney is about finding Peace, I also thought about a Visionboard, wearing a different color every day of the week, Speaking only words of the frequency of peace and Love, SO Joy Peace and Love~♡ Comfort
- happymona66You look like you're seriously in LOVE...
- sarabe11Thank you for sharing your journey! The subject of 'can people change' has come up between my husband and I and your posts about neuroplasticity have been inspiring and helpful! Cheers to you, Beautiful Human ♡
- shelleygawithfnI like this 👌👌
Log in to like or comment.