sweetteallcOut with the old: Last year, I got lost in the hustle, building my business and trying to do so many things in an effort to spread the word and get noticed. It was fun, in a sense, but exhausting at the same time. I do feel like you have to do that sometimes, though, especially when building something from scratch.⠀
This year, I'm honoring my family and my time by setting up, and maintaining, real office hours. I've even gone so far as to add those office hours to my contract and my autoresponder. It's so easy to get lost in your work when you work from home, but I have to be intentional about how I spend my time, and intentional about my non-working hours.⠀
What are you saying no to in 2017? Share using #BlogFuel!⠀
#solopreneur #ladypreneur #femaleentrepreneurs #womeninbusiness #savvybusinessowner #creativeentrepreneur #communityovercompetition #createdtocreate #girlboss #ladyboss #womeninbiz #bloggerlife #bloglife #atlblogger #atlantablogger #risingtidesociety #TNChustler #progressoverperfection #calledtobecreative #christianblogger #intentionalliving #choosejoy #christianblog
- laurachristiansonI'm saying no to projects that are outside the scope of our core services, no matter how lucrative they seem. #blogfuel
- sweetteallc@laurachristianson good for you!! I have shiny object syndrome 😜 so I totally relate.
- remedywritingSuch a good reminder! I'm still a work in progress on this one...
- krystalbhartI second that!
- christieselkenOne of my goals is to create work/life balance by creating work hours, too. No more nights blogging away while the hubby is home!
- mary_hunnThat is a great goal and something I need to work on!
- _millionaireluxurylifestyle_Amazing post
- kelseydianeblogI love this! Such a great idea! My husband suggested I do this as well
- delightfulemadeSo much YES!!!
- sweetteallc@delightfulemade your feed makes me hungry. Just sayin'. 😉
- kreneewardSo inspiring! @hustleandheels
- 1915houseI absolutely love this. I need to do this as well- thanks for the gentle reminder.
- mrtramblerI'm in the beginning stages of building my blog and everyday finding new ways to not hustle 24/7. I remember my old GM telling me that it was ok to take a minute for myself when he kept seeing me responding to clients when I should have been home having dinner with the family. I'm glad you are doing what you are. :)
- graceandsassI'm in the building stage, so I'm setting regular "office" hours this year so I DO work on my biz more....and don't get distracted during the day while MHH is at work. It may mean hiring a house cleaner at one if our two houses...but it would be worth the extra expense to be able to completely focus on "us time" after he gets home from work. (And he usually works 10-12 hr days, so that still allows me a lot of time to work. 😉)
- dawnsabeehaSounds like what I need to do. Office hours. Feeling a little overwhelmed right now. So need structure and focus. ♥♥♥
- papeldelightsI've been so used to hustling 24/7 and it's becoming unhealthy so I definitely need this too!
Log in to like or comment.