learninginhandAn iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch can be set up to read the content on the screen. First, you must enable Speak Screen by opening the Settings app. Choose General → Accessibility → Speech and turn on Speak Screen. Also turn on Highlight Content so that each word is underlined or colored as it is spoken. With Speak Screen enabled, swipe down with two fingers from the top of the screen to have the screen read out loud to you. This works in most apps.
- learninginhandThe speech menu hovers above your screen while iOS reads the screen. Use this menu to increase or decrease the speed. You can also use it to skip ahead to other sections of the page. Click the X on the menu to stop the speaking.
- learninginhandIf the content scrolls down multiple screens, Speak Screen will continue reading to the bottom of the page.
- learninginhandI sometimes use Speak Screen to read emails and webpages to me while I drive, cook, exercise, or brush my teeth. I also use Speak Screen to read back drafts of my writing as part of my proofreading progress. #ipaded #edtech
- wrenasmirI've been using this for the past week listening to new books in iBooks - I reduce the text size so I can easily highlight whole chapters in a simple swipe, and then allow Speak Screen to read it all for me. I use Alex as my voice synthesizer option in Accessibility as he has such realistic phrasing and breathing patterns 🙌🏻
- janl1970Thank you for sharing this!!!
Log in to like or comment.