adventurephotoA winter throwback to a time when diamonds, ultra running, pulks and the frozen Canadian north were all merged @ the Rock & Ice Ultra. An amazing event that rewarded the winners of each category an Ekati diamond. I had the pleasure of shooting the first instalment in 2007 which was held in and around Yellowknife, NWT. This photo was taken on a chilly -45C morning on day 3.
- adventurephoto#ultrarunning #winterrunning #adventuretime #canadiannorth #frozencamp
- shannonbreecarpenter@adventurephoto is that when the McHales cleaned up?? Ps great shot!
- adamwchase@adventurephoto That's when I learned that -39 degrees is the same in F and C!
- official_cbflabelsLoven this!!!
- adventurephotoThanks, @shannonbreecarpenter. They won the following year. I missed it, unfortunately.
- adventurephoto@adamwchase, It was damn cold alright! The first time I've seen bottles of beer burst then freeze into a giant sundae.
Log in to like or comment.