kamalaharrisLast week, I asked you to submit your stories about Obamacare and what it means to you. More than 200 people across California submitted stories — some were heartbreaking and others were hopeful. These stories reaffirmed my commitment to prioritizing access to comprehensive, affordable health care and leading the resistance against any short-sighted legislation intended to end our social contract for future generations. Over the next month, we’ll be sharing these stories.
- mookster1023Thank u so much,Ms.Harris✌✝🙏😇👌🙌✊👊👍👏!We Need U!We Thank U!We know that the next 4 years R not going 2 B Easy!We figure that there will B Great Resistance!U R N R Hearts,Thoughts & Prayers!Take Care of Self & God Bless😇✝🙏✌✊
- ingridrundquistUnfortunately Obamacare is going away. People that voted for Trump will soon know what they voted for. It's a shame that they are taking millions that didn't vote for him down this road with them. Absolutely terrifying to think of what this country will be like for the next four years. I wake up with anxiety every day. Awful! Today is the first day of terror. We can see that no more one is wasting any time in dismantling Obamacare.
- grapeescapes@kamalaharris please slow the roll of those other guys. "They know NOT what they do."
- gabyknows2This is why I get down with you! My daughter is 22 and in her 5th year at Sacramento State. I get it! Thx for being on our team reppin that Cali 😎🙋🏽🌴
- evrybdyluvsthesunshineI was thankful for the extra years also... Now he has to do it himself.. But I'm still paying.
- 906amyPeople don't realize how hard it truly is. Obamacare is far from the perfect solution, but it's one hell of a starting point. Deductibles were too high for those with average insurance under Obamacare. I hope that our elected officials are able to fine tune the plan instead of repealing it. Best of luck, Kamala! I'm very lucky to have you represent me in Washington DC.
- mwardmercedMy daughter aged off our ins and couldn't get good insurance because she had acne as teenager. Thanks to the ACA. The cost savings is $652 per month with good coverage and small, reasonable deductibles.
- mia.mandich@kamalaharris Congrats!!! We are so proud of you in San Francisco xo ❤❤❤❤❤🙌
- happyoggI have two daughters with type 1 diabetes. One is 23 and the other is 21. They both are able to stay on my insurance until they're 26 & with their pre existing condition. I don't know what we'd do without it. Each daughters prescriptions are $3000 a month.
- lindsayy_babyy@ingridrundquist agreed.
- ada2peabodyThe Rs are planning to make America Sick Again
- mayraaguirrescherrerHi Miss Kamela Harris.!! This is Mayra from Fullerton, CA. People says that Obama is too expensive! I don't have Obama Care. I have Medical. Thank you and God Bless you!!
- mariemiyashiroI have Obama care because I have two jobs while going to school for my second career. I graduated the first time in 2005 and there were no jobs. I am now working two jobs and trying to start my own business. Obama Care gave me the freedom to try to get out of a dead end job and go back to school.
- chaserbob2014How can you support Juan Francisco Lopez??? Shame on you! Latinos in CALIFORNIA want these criminals OUT of our country! Your support of this man will haunt you in the Senate!
- katybeeswaxBefore Obamacare my brother a US born citizen was not able to go to the doctor and get medical attention. When he was about 18 or 19 he got a piece of glass stuck in the palm of his hand. While riding his bike he fell and used his hands to break the fall.. at the time there was no such thing as affordable health care and the next option was the ER which we were turned away from because it wasn't a life death situation and he wasn't in horrible pain. With limited options we had to go to Tijuana Mexico to seek an affordable doctor. Medical attention should be granted to all regardless if it's a life or death situation! Please fight to keep the #AHA
- lavendersunglassesThank you❣ 👏. ...😚💜👓
- lroos1956Kamala, Our family was first helped when President Obama extended Cobra benefits in 2009 to all workers laid off from jobs in 2008. My husband was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and needed his insurance to support him through all his treatments. He did not survive, but our family had hope, and his life was extended beyond expectations. How precious is Obamacare to Americans who are self employed or retired early due to helping family through illness and layoffs? It is the vital glue which is holding many families together so they can get regular checkups, treat chronic illness, and the plague of illnesses brought on by stressful employers who think nothing of hiring and firing at will. Check out the number of corporations ( large commercial banks) who only employ using " at will contracts" . Once you are laid off- you have Cobra for 18 months, after that, without Obamacare you would have to take another job in the same industry and look forward to the same risky employment contracts and layoff exposure. We need to untie our healthcare from employers and provide it independently. Insurance companies are too corrupt to be part of the process. Republicans want to start over- the public wants improvements to Obamacare- please work together to make a new affordable comprehensive plan that US Citizens can be proud of.
- tosinbirdWe can all do well.
Log in to like or comment.