purelivingforlifeNEW VIDEO (link in bio): Cold weather is here and our generator problems are back. We're also struggling with some other technical problems that are keeping us from getting a good saturation charge on the batts. Today we are trying to sort through some of these and keep our batteries from getting destroyed.
- purelivingforlife#solarpower #offgridliving #sustainablepower #nopowernoproblem #offthegrid #offgrid #hondagenerator #makeyourownpower #conserve #offgridpower #solarpowered #
- whereintheuniverse619Good luck!
- solarpowercouplee@purelivingforlife If you guys need some/any technical help I would be glad to help. I have extensive knowledge in engines as well as alt energy/electronics. We fight the same problems here in Ohio. Love your page and would love to help. DM us!
- nonezzsLucky in GA it never stays cold enough long enough for anything other then an insulated battery box to be needed. I finally broke down and got a Cat diesel slow turn gen and ended my gen issue. Good luck with it!
- dustingerlachIs there anyway you're able to add on to your battery housing? Enough room for the generator that way the heat from exhaust keeps both generator and batteries warm? Like @solarpowercouple said here in Ohio we deal with same stuff and that's what we do with our generators and air compressors. Just a thought.
- vwilson53001Praying for you guys that all the kinks get worked out
- seanowensalaskaHeck! you are still ABOVE zero LOL.......just keep the heat on and the water where it wont freeze ;)
- boeboe72Yikes yikes and yikes 😲.
- jshuehnBelow that in MN today, stay warm! Our power went out for a couple hours today too which made for a cooler day on the inside
- buckwhackerYou guys will figure it out, it sounds like solarpowercouple can help you out.
- kathy.fossAwe that's baby digits #-53
- theforestwardenAmazing absolutely
- thepioneerprincessOur generator gets so finicky when temps drop to zero or below. We actually bring it inside overnight when it's off.
- tash_potatoesI always forget America uses other temperate and distance scales. As a scientist this has nearly tripped me up a few times! I was confused because 0 Celsius just isn't that cold but after a quick Google I now understand why the generator is struggling. Stay toasty guys!
- lkmachinistHave you checked the battery acid for concentration?
- lkmachinist@lkmachinist never mind watched the video and caught you saying you did.
Log in to like or comment.