sallysbakeblogEveryone needs a go-to frosting. Cream cheese has been mine the past year. This is my standard recipe! 🌟The frosting is velvety smooth, perfectly tangy and sweet, and mega creamy. I love it on carrot cake, red velvet, sugar cookies, spice cake, chocolate cupcakes, and more! 🍰
8 ounce block softened cream cheese
1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
3 cups confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a whisk or paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and butter together on high speed until smooth and creamy. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then switch to high for 2 minutes.
Recipe also linked in my bio! #sallysbakingaddiction
- kimmie.mooreOh snap !
- jc782411One of the greatest things ever invented
- cory0622Best cream cheese frosting I've ever had! 😋
- abby_c_jonesThe slow mo 🙌🏽😍
- sjcarreraHow can I get it to set
- merry327Yours is the best!!!
- kittencakescraftsAnyone in uk and Ireland struggling with this since you can't buy philedelphia blocks here anymore, try Philedelphia 'whipped'. It has gelatin in it so helps to set it enough for piping.
- michlarueThese vids are the BEST! 😍
- cheungkylie@kittencakescrafts Yep mine was more like a sauce 😭 Ruined my layered red velvet cake but was still yummy
- kittencakescrafts@cheungkylie honestly cannot tell you how many batches of liquid frosting went in the bin here before I worked it out! Mascarpone kinda works if you squeeze the liquid out through a muslin cloth first, hope that helps next time. I can vouch for @sallysbakeblog red velvet cake recipe though the very best of the years of recipes I've tried :-)
- courtneysniz@sallysbakeblog your cream cheese icing is THE BEST. Everyone was obsessed with it when I made your red velvet and carrot cakes. I could have eaten it straight out of the bowl... and maybe I did! 😉
- lularoejessicaweismanAdd a tiny squeeze of lemon juice next time. Not enough to make it lemony. Just like 1/4 teaspoon. 😃👍❤️🙌🏻 I swear it makes it just all that better !!
- sallysbakeblog@lularoejessicaweisman will do!!!
- thefarmchickbakesSally where do you find all you FUN sprinkles??? Love the variety and I can't find these at giant or michaels
- sallysbakeblog@thefarmchickbakes I get a lot of them from @sweetapolita's online store!
Log in to like or comment.