xosarahmorganI finally picked a new year's resolution....I'm no longer going to take 20 photos to try and get the perfect insta-shot. I'm giving myself a 5 photo limit from now on.
Mostly because it's a giant waste of my time, but also because trying to make everything look perfect is tiring and unnecessary. And I don't want to give you and all my students an unrealistic aesthetic to aim for. You do not need perfect photos to be successful.
If you're a photographer or a makeup artist then you probably do need professional pics, but I'm gonna go for photos that look pretty damn good and hope you all will still be my friends. Deal? #daretoblog #rant
- brittleigh.designerGreat idea! It's exhausting taking 20 photos until I feel like I look "social media" ready! 💁🏼
- oleiahLove this! I don't follow you because of how you look, anyway. It's your advice and content that is 👍🏻 Although I love your selfies cuz it reminds me you're not a robot 😊
- firstname.lastname@example.org right?? It's like some random standard we've all created
- kimherrington_Gosh, I feel that should be a rule! It might help us all be more accepting of ourselves. But I totally get it. I worry people won't buy from me if I'm not pretty--even though I do SEO for goodness sakes. Which has nothin to do with how I look. (Actually, if I were a man it would probably be easier to sell my expertise!)
- thetessblankenshipTime saving and being real 💗
- destinylalaneI love this challenge. To be honest, one of the first things that drew me to your brand was your personality. You're a badass in a number of ways. I remember looking at your website and thinking WOW, she uses language that I use in real life. She has tattoos and doesn't hide them. I enjoy every aspect of your brand and look forward to your continued success!
- xosarahmorgan@kimherrington_ yes! I was looking at a dude's Instagram the other day that runs a huge business thinking...he looks like absolute shit in most of his photos. Women could never get away with that, we need to look at least halfway decent.
- xosarahmorgan@destinylalane thank you Destiny! One of the reasons I keep showing my tattoos and swearing like a sailor is so people like YOU will show up and hang out with me!
- snoluveTrue Beauty 📌
- heartlovealwaysOh HECK YES, girl!!! Love this resolution!!! 🙌🏻😍
- dannyoutlawlol sounds super familiar since we were just talking about lighting in videos.
- bbcbeautyblogsLove it!
- nicoleotchyLove this
- designbykristaYes! Love! I literally always spend so much time trying to get the perfect shot as well and find it super annoying so this sounds great to me ha
- sweetdesign247Yes! Love this. I think Insta stories is also helping to make expectations more real :-)
- kimherrington_@xosarahmorgan I was thinking about this today while I was working out. I'm working out HARD right now because I gained a bunch of "working too much" weight at the end of the year and know that, statistically, I can sell more if I'm pretty. *sigh* dang it Sarah! Why do we care!?! I wish I didn't but seeing yourself on camera when you're a bit pudgy/not the vision of have of yourself is so hard.
- visualinboundGreat picture, I definitely think we have some synergy 😁
Log in to like or comment.