This is going to come as a huge surprise to most people who know me, but I don’t naturally love writing out my plans. It’s the N and the J clashing in my INFJ personality (the J part likes to get shit done, the N part doesn’t like getting bogged down in details). What this means is, if there’s something to be done, rest assured I’ll get it done, just don’t ask me what steps I’m going to take to do it.
All that to say … today I sat down and planned out the first six months of 2017, even though I really didn’t want to. And what I now know is January, March and April are months where I can focus only on the most important things because of school holidays and trips away. (No new projects, no new projects, no new projects). February and May will be months where I can put extra effort into the things I am already doing . If I want to bring anything new into my life, June is the earliest that can happen.
So, for all that I don’t really like planning, it’s certainly helpful for keeping me focused on what’s important. And reminding me that while I can do anything, I can’t do everything.
- kellyexeter@lanahirschowitz ps listened to the first half of that happiness TED Radio podcast today - learnt a few new things!
- listandassistSnap! I'm an INFJ too 😃
- kellyexeter@listandassist INFJs are the best!
- misschardy8That is reassuring to know! I am an ESFJ married to an ENFP ... can you imagine how his p drives me crazy esp when trying to plan a holiday!!! Thanks for sharing 😊
- kellyexeter@misschardy8 oh god I couldn't deal. My husband is a fellow J thank god!
- janeplanetjoy@kellyexeter ENFJ here x
- aquaknitENFP here but I've been pushed towards planning mode by my ISTJ husband and now I'm an avid planner too. Not so much long term stuff like you but I'm all over the short term planning 😂
- kellyexeter@janeplanetjoy so you know what I mean!
- kellyexeter@aquaknit I have an ISTJ hubby too :)
- claireliveshereLove this.
- yarnderwomanLove this
- tamihackbarthAll the yes! INFJ wants to plan, but needs a task manager for the details.
- buy_farSuch a great post!
- wotisunique@kyliesaunder this is me too. (I'm an INTJ). My boss loves mapping out every single step and I'm going crazy.
- kellyexeter@wotisunique I'd die
- janeplanetjoy@kellyexeter the struggle is real!
- kellyexeter@janeplanetjoy yep!
- janeplanetjoyJust printing out @susannahconway's book for the year. Ever tried it?
- kellyexeter@janeplanetjoy I have -but no planner ever has exactly and only the the things I want in it!
- janeplanetjoy@kellyexeter you need to make your own!
Log in to like or comment.