I know many of you want me to respond or snap back at him but the situation to me is much more than that. I welcome Pete's review. It tells me a lot more about the path. I don't know Pete but he is now inextricably linked to LocoL forever. So I'll share with you what I wrote to a friend and our team. We got that PMA: "The truth is that LocoL has hit a nerve. Doesn't mean all people love it, some hate it. But no one is indifferent by it.
That's the spirit of LocoL.
It has nothing to do with my ego.
It's something bigger than all of us.
Pete Wells is a component to its DNA.
His criticisms are a reflection of us and the nerve that LocoL touches. And our imperfections.
Also the nerve of challenging the binary structure of privileged thought patterns and how life is not just about what's a success or failure, but some things are real struggles and growth journeys.
We all know the food is not as bad as he states. Is it perfect? NO. But it's not as bad as he writes.
And all minorities aren't criminals either. And all hoods aren't filled with dangerous people either.
But the pen has created a lot of destruction over the course of history and continues to..
He didn't need to go there but he did.
That's why he's a part of LocoL.
The power of this change and this nerve that it hits.
It compelled him to write something he knows would hurt a community that is already born from a lot of pain and struggle..
But I see it as a piece to this whole puzzle." #LocoL #Watts #Oakland
- agathamorI'm from Miami and have never tasted your food but I love this response so much that the next time I'm in L.A. I'm definitely going to stop by and visit❤ #lovefrommiami
- judyclee38Great response. ✊
- thepandanoodleThis is great ❤️❤️❤️
- veeniedeeLove what you've started and looking forward to many more anniversaries
- mikebeeezyThese are just confirmations that you're attracting the right trolls along the path of breaking barriers hyung!
- papastoveKeep up the spirit locol
- melissasuji@ridingshotgunla - keep doing what you're doing 오빠. Head up and keep it classy. Love & support from Boston. ✌️✊
- patrick.burke.18659Had to see this...just before headed to the gym. Now I'm workin' extra hard so I can have TWO when I get back. M-o-t-i-v-a-t-i-o-n...
- brianmug@ridingshotgunla You started that out perfectly- if food isn't polarizing, you're not doing it right. You can't please everyone, nor should you. Cooking with heart has taken you to great places. Onward.
- c1typlann3rFTP. @trojan88
- tharv2015@ridingshotgunla Your response is puffed up nonsense. Shut your trap and make better-tasting food. LocaL is a poor effort masked by social righteousness and hipster marketing hype.
- pattyycottrellThat review was terrible. I'm sorry. Keep up the good work! ❤️
- class_5_vapidSorry but let's not overthink it. I'm from the hood, too. Food is either good, or it's not. To think LocoL deserves a moral pass is just about the pussiest thing you can do. You guys are professionals. Take your lumps and improve or move on. You're going to let Wells validate you, or the community? Who are you doing this for? Love and respect but please be humble.
- class_5_vapidHurt which community exactly? The blind white sheep who read Wells? Or the hood who doesn't even know who the fuck he is? What realm are you playing in? If your purpose is to serve the hood then place your priorities on their feedback. Tired of the celeb chef circle jerk.
- bishopsgyal5152Classy response
- sarapultsevaHaters gonna hate
- sweitzerbMr. Roy, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Log in to like or comment.