jlgarvinThe week we moved into our house, a neighbor posted this piano for free if someone promised to teach their kids how to play it. We jumped at the chance & have been storing it in the garage ever since. I really want to paint it pink (although kinda love it as is) but one thing is for sure, I'm going to learn how to play Auld Lang Syne on it by next New Years Eve. 🎶 Some more thoughts on 2017 on the blog.
- georgialantzMy parents had the same exact piano rotting in storage and I had to save it....I painted it dark gray and feel like I've given it a new life again! It's now my favorite piece of furniture 😊
- mrs.larsenDefinitely paint the piano PINK 💕
- inhonorofdesignIn love! 😍😍😍
- denairaquel@jlgarvin gorgeous piano and painting! Where is the painting from??
- selsitgolAre you sure it's smart to paint it? I have as old piano and really want to update it, but I am afraid the piano would lose all acustics and proper sound the paint will change the wood and therefore acoustical properties of the instrument. Is there any special paint for it? Normal paint would destroy piano I think... unless you just want it to be decorative...
- stephanie._marie._@selsitgol lmao. Literally doesn't matter. Paint away, just don't get it on the strings or keys.
- selsitgol@stephanie._marie._ destroy as in damage the quality of the sound I meant... because wood is important for the acoustics... like with harp I know it matters alot... so I imagine it would be the same with other instruments...
- stephanie._marie._@selsitgol I understood. And I'm letting you know for pianos it's ok. You can't get paint in the interior or on keys is all.
- stephanie._marie._@selsitgol and the pedals! You have to watch out for the pedals too. Other than that it's ok to paint pianos.
- selsitgoldid you paint yours? Anyway, thanks! Mine really needs an update...
- heykarrieanneWe got ours for free from our neighbor right before he passed away and when he gave it to us he told us he just wanted someone to have it who will enjoy it as much as his wife did, it was her favorite possession, but for some reason his kids didn't want to take it... I always tear up thinking about this and that no matter what we'll hang onto it!... and I also want to paint ours! 💕😉
- cecilouboston@jlgarvin in live with your painting!!!
- mrs_heatherdYes! Pink!!!! 💞💞💞
- laughing_latteThe precious owners of our house left a piano and I painted it yellow! I looove it! So fun!
- sarahann212Oh, don't paint it! It's stunning.
- samipie@emilyrickey this painting!
- gparrishAny homes for sale in your hood??? Sign us up!
- stephie_leigh@jlgarvin you should check out 'Glory be to Christ' by Kings Kaleidoscope! It's to the tune of Auld Lang Syne, it's beautiful!
- aileenpp@jlgarvin where is your painting from? I'd love to get it for my daughter's soon-to-be toddler room. I've also been looking at your girls' room for inspiration. I love it! 💗
Log in to like or comment.