helprefugeesukLast night the women's centre in Dunkirk burnt down. Thankfully no-one was hurt and we really are no clearer how it started. Steve Bedlam from RCK was instrumental in constructing the centre and has been there to assess the metal frame which he is confident is undamaged and can be used to repair the centre. We are looking at a short term solution as well but have to wait on permission from the Mayors Office to do anything. Currently we are doing all we can do support the volunteers who work there and are working with them to discuss how this goes forward. We will let you know what is decided and agreed as soon as decisions are made. 💓
- fisnapsSuch a shame.
- tanialeedsOh no 😔
- kathleendolby@sabraham26 @matildaabryce
- angel2treesInhumane 😢
- radioscouseVery dismayed to hear about this. If - and I say if - there is the faintest indication the fire was arson then all available recourses must be acted upon swiftly. The kind of murderous, hate-filled individuals who would carry out such an act need to understand that we will not tolerate their kind in our towns, cities, villages and communities.
- dollsofhopeSo glad no one was hurt.
- biendansmapeauAwful. Thank you for all the work you do 🙏
- lonvelyrThankful no one was hurt. I do hope the structure is safe to reuse. Do let us know if and when a specific fundraiser is started for it.
- connect_refugeesSo sad :( x
Log in to like or comment.