empoweredsustenanceFOR ME, IT’S NOT WORK. IT’S FREEDOM
I believe that reliance on medication is, more often than not, a choice and not a life sentence. This is not the message you will find advertised on TV, or told to you in your doctor’s office. In most institutions of Western Medicine, we are cautioned against even questioning our prescriptions. So I am here to share the steps and mindset shifts that allowed me to reduce, and then eliminate, prescription drugs from my life.
The “work” of using food and lifestyle instead of medications isn’t “work” for me… it is living fully and freely.
I clarify that eliminating medication isn’t the only way to do your healing journey “the right way.” I spoke to a friend who told me she felt shame that, after doing so much holistic healing work, she still was taking prescriptions. We do not need to feel shame in doing our healing journey in our unique way! There is no right or wrong on this path. The only goal that is the same for us is moving toward our highest potential of wellbeing and creative expression. We all have different needs for our healing, and going med-free may not be the the right goal for you.
For more of my story with prescriptions, please read my post where I open a discussion about the disturbing rates of antidepressant use, and alternative perspectives on healing chronic depression. #linkinprofile http://empoweredsustenance.com/antidepressants-dont-work/
- emilymahiaiI wish I felt the same way. :( I absolutely hate cooking, and even when I feel like doing it, I'm usually too tired and depressed or in pain to motivate myself to get it done. I feel so stuck.
- emilymahiaiI also hate vegetables. How do I make myself eat them without feeling miserable? 😭
- shelleygawithfnI totally agree 👌👌👌
- empoweredsustenance#holistic #nutrition #nutrientdense #jerf #foodismedicine #holistic #healingjourney #freedom
- michelleloveswellnessYes, exactly! 😊✌
- cht_wellnessLove your message!
Log in to like or comment.