autoimmunepaleoHi everyone, if you would like to hear more about my husbands healing journey, we have made a post on our feed @pantrypickings.
This is by far one of my husbands most favorite ways to eat steak, he is a big fan of salsa verde and always asks me to make this when we are having steak. ▫️
In South Africa we braai/barbeque a lot, it's a really nice social lifestyle habit, we all gather outside, often near a pool and enjoy the nice weather and company, we enjoy a variety of different braai's like fish braai's, beef steaks, kebabs, chops, boerewors(sausage) or lamb on the spit. ▫️
Spending time with loved ones helps ease stress and get some laughter in, we definitely recommend it, and this salsa verde goes great with the barbeque meat as well as aip salads. Braaing is definitely a comfort food for a South African, what is your go to comfort food?
▫️Steak with Salsa Verde
▫️2 x3.5cm thick fillet steaks
▫️2 tsp coconut oil
▫️2/3 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped finely
▫️1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped finely
▫️1 TBSP capers, roughly chopped
▫️1 garlic clove, crushed
▫️1 TBSP lemon juice
▫️1 TBSP olive oil
Mix the salsa verde ingredients in a bowl.
Heat up a grill plate on medium-high heat, add the coconut oil, wait until the grill plate is nice and hot.
▫️Cook your steak to your own preference:
▫️Rare: 1,5 minutes each side
▫️Medium rare: 2 minutes each side
▫️Medium: 2,5 minutes each side
▫️Well done: 4 minutes each side.
▫️After cooking, leave your steak on a chopping board for 5 minutes and then cut into slices, serve on a plate and top with salsa verde and a side of vegetables and salad.
- autoimmunepaleo#autoimmune #autoimmunepaleo #autoimmuneprotocol #aipaleo #paleo #aiplifestyle #autoimmunedisease #eattoheal #foodismedicine #aipdiet #glutenfree #salsaverde #steak
- claire_carlos_interiorsAmsterdam???? Welcome to The Netherlands guys 💟💟💟
- autoimmunepaleoDank je wel 😉 @claire_taft_carlos
- tanya.dvbI also live in South Africa. Love my steak. On a lazy night braaivleis (usually steak) with veggies / salad is our AIP go to dinner.
- tanya.dvb@dalenedevente great ideas on this account for our AIP eating.
- eatyourwaybackAre you all able to get grassfed beef in South Africa.?? We can get it here in the US, but it's not available in most grocery stores, and when it is it's extremely high priced. Small local farmers are the best bet here.
- autoimmunepaleoBraaivleis is definitely comfort food and so great, easy and healthy. We bought a tabletop braai, so we can still braai when it's not braai weather outside. Thank you @tanya.dvb ❤
- autoimmunepaleoHi @eatyourwayback we are able to get grassfed beef in South Africa 🇿🇦 but it can also be quite pricey. They do sell a lot of local game meat there, like springbok, kudu etc which is naturally grassfed and so very aip, we make a lot of winter stews with them on outdoor fires, they are terrific. We are currently living in Amsterdam and I have also seen that grassfed can be pricey, but they do offer options of meat that have lived a better life, such as free range, I have been happily surprised since we moved here for the diversity and abundance of organic available, it's great 💚💚💚
Log in to like or comment.