learninginhandTeachers prompt students to respond, and students explain their thinking on video with Recap. It’s a free at letsrecap.com. Here’s how it works. The teacher creates an assignment for the class or individual students. The assignment can have a single question or multiple questions. Optionally the teacher can record a video for each question. The teacher specifies the maximum recording length, up to two minutes. Each student joins the class through through a Class Pin or by logging in on the website or in Recap’s iOS or Android app. After recording, students’ videos are sent to the teacher’s Recap dashboard. The teacher can view videos individually and view a daily review reel. The teacher can type comments for each video submission. The teacher can choose to share the review reel or individual responses through email or as a web link.
- learninginhandThe teacher can turn on the self-assessment option for an assignment. After recording the video, students rate their response as Got It, Partially Got It, or Didn’t Get It. The self-assessment data appears in the teacher’s Recap dashboard. This, along with viewing the responses, can help the teacher determine needs groups, enrichment circles, interest clusters, etc.
- learninginhandRecap is similar to Seesaw. Seesaw allows for collection of more than just videos, while Recap is for only video responses.
- learninginhandWhen you set up a class, you do have to decide if students are going to sign in with email/Google or simply use a Class Pin. If you use a Class Pin, you’ll need to enter student names. Students select their names from the list after entering the Class Pin. If you use email/Google, you provide students with a Join Pin when they sign up—and students’ names are added to the class list, so you don’t need to enter them.
- learninginhandIt does take a little bit of time setting up, but after you and your students get used to Recap, imagine being able to regularly view and respond to video reflections from your students. 👍
- learninginhandIf you have experience with Recap, we’d love you to tell us about it. #edtech #teachersofinstagram #formativeassessment #assessment #ipaded
- mamahenry66This is used by a lot of teachers on our campus, and we have now used it in staff development as well!!! Love it!!
- kelseymegan7@kristen_seeger. Going to download/look into this Monday!
- skindawg2Chromebook option?
- kristen_seeger@kelseymegan7 I was thinking the same thing! 😄
- learninginhand@skindawg2 LetsReCap.com works on Chromebooks. 👍
- alexsrealenglishSweet idea
Log in to like or comment.