bodyunburdenedSo... I'm pretty picky when it comes to the *quality* of my food. You know this. But I'm *especially* picky when it comes to the quality of beef (which I choose to eat since it is a significant source of the fat-soluble vitamins A and E, and one of the only dietary sources of vitamins D, K, and B12 - all of which are absolutely critical).
Because the factory farm system that produces most of the meat consumed in the US is extremely inhumane and dangerous to the environment. This is not an industry I want to support. So I buy grass-fed beef directly from a farmer who raises his cows out on pasture and suggest others do the same.
But grass-fed beef is nutritionally superior as well. My friends Bec and Amy from the amazing blog @Cultivate_Beauty wrote a great guest post for us about the nutritional differences between grass-fed and grain-fed beef 💻 live link in profile! 🐮
- bodyunburdened@howweflourish Bavaria!? Wow that sounds like it must have been a fun experience!! I've always wanted to travel to Germany
- halsanutritionTotally agree! We eat beef sparingly, maybe once a week, and I always look for grass fed.
- howweflourishIt was amazing! I love Germany.
- eathappynutritionNow THAT is how cows should live!! Beautiful!
- tullegulleGrass fed or not, no animal wants to die and it's not hard getting those vitamins mentioned from other sources. Just saying.
- montgomeryfestdig it 👌
- sg_nutritionThis is such a beautiful image
- greentalkWe eat only grass feed beef.
- bodyunburdened@greentalk 👍
- bodyunburdened@eathappynutrition it's how we ALL should live! I just want to build a little cabin right there next to the cows 😊
- cultivate_beautyAbsolutely beautiful 💚 This is how it should be.. grass fed just makes sense! 🙌🏽
- thepistachioprojectYes! Grassfed is amazing!
- bodyunburdened@thepistachioproject couldn't agree more!
- bodyunburdened@cultivate_beauty totally! Thanks for helping to shine the light on this 😊
- foodhunterI'm with you very picky
- stacykarenOh awesome!! Such an important topic!
- ksanders06Kale contains more vit K than meat, nutritional yeast contains B12, mushrooms contain vit D.
- simplepurebeautyI love my grassfed beef!
Log in to like or comment.