rescuegoatsThis photo is easily my favorite of #nickyandnitro and I. This was about 6 weeks after we rescued them at just 3 days old. (Nicky's neck is shaved from an IV he was on the first week he was with us) There are times when I am starkly reminded of the sometimes dark realities of the work we do. When I walk through kill pens at the slaughterhouse to rescue the lucky ones that day. When I drive hours with a car full of newborn baby boys that could just as easily ended up at a livestock auction or in the hands of a meat buyer. Days like earlier this week, when I see the videos from the amazing Caitlin @boochaces and Leanne @goatsofanarchy as they rescued babies from a sale barn. It is heartbreaking. Simply heartbreaking. As I watched those videos with tears in my eyes I thought about my boys. Nicky and Nitro are two of the lucky ones. It pains me to think what their reality, as dairy cull babies, would have been otherwise. A reality that so many others face. We can't save them all. It is one of the harsh realities of our work. But we can save some. Like Caitlin said today in a post, we have to embrace the good. To do the work we do, we have to be rooted in that. Sometimes we need reminders. Nicky and Nitro are my constant reminders of the good. Our thoughts and love are with all of the little ones from Tuesday's rescue who are now with Caitlin, Leanne, @freedomfarm_animalrescue and @barnyardsanctuary Their lives are now filled with love and care. No matter what, they get to know the good #embracethegood #whywerescue #rescue #rescuelife
- wearemadeofstarstuffsLook at Nicky looking at you with sooo much love!!! ❤️️❤️️❤️️
- kelleyseastar💜💜💜 so glad you're doing this!!
- melissahaymesloveyourlightAmazing work, thank you. The world needs you. I couldn't do it. People need to wake up and stop the killing. Animals are incredible and need to be respected and loved. Well done.
- goin2hawaiiWe must focus on the ones that we did save. Remember the ones we couldn't (but don't focus on those, it is too overwhelming) and keep fighting for a day that NONE need to be saved. Thank you for what you do. @rescuegoats
- goatsoftheboomYou guys are amazing. Every time I watch rescue videos from @boochaces @goatsofanarchy I cry. For the ones that survive it's amazing and so joyous and yet I feel all your pain in my heart. Please know how much you are all loved for all you do. 💚💚💚
- vegan_val_81Don't forget all of the "good" that comes with the posts from you, @boochaces, @goatsofanarchy and @farmsanctuary. They helped me at the beginning of my Vegan journey especially and have helped me to get others to go Vegan!! It's the only chance we have at actually saving all of them! Thank you for doing all you do!!
- kwestenbergThe work you do is so important. There are definitely many highs and lows. It's so hard when the outcome isn't what we had hoped. This picture is so beautiful. Keep making a difference.
- d.j.ohellerSo well said💜😊🙇 I've learned so much from all of the IG accounts you mentioned. Please keep doing what you do💜😇
- kincaidkimberlyThank you for making us aware!!
- divieworksAmazing and dedicated mum. Thank you for all you do
Log in to like or comment.