hannapatchaestheticI have been doing very little knitting recently, despite thinking about it multiple times a day. I think it's down to a kind of unsettled feeling when I'm in the house - the second bedroom/craft room is still such a mess, and there are lots of tasks I should be chipping away at. Even when I'm relaxing, somehow the knitting doesn't get picked up. That's why I'm enjoying playing with yarn and images when I get the chance - it scratches the creative urge and lets me pat and appreciate my stash, but it can be quickly put away again without leaving that guilty unfinished project feeling behind it. A knitterly pleasure even when I can't quite commit to knitting itself: that's how I #knitcomfort at the moment, @frenchpressknits.
(picture: yesterday's post given the #yarnimitateslife treatment with @virtual_yarns Hebridean 2-ply. Top to bottom: Solan Goose, Whin, Pebble Beach, Lapwing.)
- hannapatchaesthetic#making_winter #makingwinter #knitsonik #alicestarmore #knitstagram #fairisleknitting #knittersgonnaknit #makersgonnamake #littlestoriesofmylife #forgeyourownpath #forahappymoment #thenativecreative #themakersyear #theartofslowliving #mymonthofsundays #slowlivingforlife #thequietwinter #naturally_imperfect #calledtobecreative #mymindfulyear #createmakeshare #creativityfound #darlingmoment
- massivelorriWell take heart ❤️ it looks great
- hannapatchaestheticAw, thank you @massivelorri! 😘
- frenchpressknitsThank you for sharing! And there are so many times in my life that I have felt the same way. Often during pregnancy, I like the idea of knitting but can't get my hands to actually pick up a project and move. When other aspects of life seem overwhelming, knitting just doesn't happen. I like that you are still incorporating it into your life through this 😘
- abernathystacyI am in a similar place. I don't have anything I am knitting that I can sink my teeth into, and this rather uninspiring feeling is not a place I like. That gold/ misty grey color palette in your picture is one of my favorites. 🌾🌫
- guppyloganukI'm with @frenchpressknits life quite often overwhelms me and when it does I can't seem to knit , the silly thing is that knitting is my calm happy place so those are the times when I need it most 🙁
- hannapatchaesthetic@frenchpressknits @abernathystacy @guppyloganuk thank you for your comments - I'm glad it's not just me who gets like this sometimes. Like @guppylogan, knitting is my happy place, which is why it feels a bit daft not to be doing it. But we humans have such complicated feelings chemistry! Oh well, I know it will come back in its own good time.
- louisetilbrookdesignsI get a lot of comfort from just casually rootling through my stash. It's like chilling out with old friends 😀😀
- hannapatchaesthetic@louisetilbrookdesigns I hear you! Before I got into this Alice Starmore phase, my favourite non-knitting yarn game was pulling out the crate of J&S from under the bed and sticking my hands right in there for a good squish and rummage 😍
- sunandteabytheseaOh my goodness I absolutely love this! I love yarn but knitting is a chore for me; I've now realised I need an extensive wool stash just so that I can play with it! Thank you for the inspiration
- annlupeBeatiful colours 😍
- dawanda_enAbsolutely brilliant
Log in to like or comment.