drandallblythe11.24.2016 "The Message" Turtle Island, Standing Rock, ND. Sometimes THIS works. The Army Corps of Engineers just announced that the Dakota Access Pipeline will not be routed through Standing Rock. We came together peacefully as one people & demanded that our voices be heard, & the world listened to us. But this is not enough- we as a race, the human race, HAVE to start embracing clean alternatives to fossil fuels, if only on a pragmatic level of limited supply- the oil WILL run out one day. We need to figure out how we will deal with this, & we need to figure it out now- the future of our race depends on it. Cheers to all my brothers & sisters who fought the good fight- I was proud to stand with you! One love- Mni Wiconi! #leica #leicacamera #leicacamerausa #leicam #leicammonochrom #leicamtyp246 #leicamonochrom #monochrom #summilux #summilux35mm #leicacraft #madeinwetzlar #🔴📷 #MyLeicaJourney #mkexplore #ratseyesphotography
- benovenden73The lesson seems to be if you can't advocate for EVERYTHING then you shouldn't advocate for ANYTHING to avoid claims of hypocrisy or self aggrandisement. Solid logic. *raises pimp cup
- firstname.lastname@example.org Aaaaaaand you can't read. Ok, we're done. You're outta here.
- drandallblythe@alexandermdelong @jarrettgames @benovenden73 Some people cannot be reasoned with. Irritates me & at times I will argue back, but in the end he made no sense, so he had to go. A wise man once told me never enter into a battle of wits with an unarmed person. Sigh.
- ahjcxz6I was so, so elated to see this news tonight. I've been following and posting about #noDAPL for months now, and I felt like no one was listening or watching the events there unfold except for a select few. I've always enjoyed and respected all your work - your music, your writings, and your photography. Your intellectualism in your words has inspired me greatly, and when I saw that you went and stood alongside the protesters at #standingrock, my respect for you grew that much more. Thank you for all you do, and don't ever stop @drandallblythe
- boshi_jim@drandallblythe 👍🏽 awesomeness, best news I read all day.
- drandallblythe@mdkhughes86 Yeah, for sure there are millions of people around the world, hard-working folks who provide for their families in the fossil fuel industry who will need jobs (& I mentioned this at the end of the article I wrote about my trip)- obviously the switch to cleaner energy will not happen overnight. It's not feasible, & it would be an economic disaster for working people such as yourself & the global economy as a whole if we were to suddenly just pull the plug- we couldn't do that even if we wanted to. What I would like to see happen is some of these larger oil/coal/gas companies working TOGETHER with governmental agencies & environmental scientists on a way to gradually shift this massive industry to cleaner energy sources, while retaining & retraining current employees to fit into a new energy production & maintenance infrastructure. I believe there has to be a way that people can keep jobs & we can stop drilling & fracking so much. I also believe that the demand for this sort of action to occur will also have to come from the people on a local & national legislative level as well, because billionaire CEO's probably aren't going to suddenly say "Let's try something different that's better for the environment", ya know? I also don't just think "Fuck the oil companies!" because I know that those companies are made up of many different people, not just ultra-rich oil baron cowboys. Everyone needs to eat, ya know? My hope is that with people voicing their concerns over our continued dependence on a resource that we will eventually run out of that government & the industry will listen. I don't think we have a choice, really.
- mdkhughes86@drandallblythe thanks for the reply, and I completely agree. I've always been for protecting the earth despite what I do for a living, also the fact we have a finite amount of these resources. I'd be all for a transition if they created some kind of jobs bill that would give us training and make around the same kind of money. Just as long as my ass doesn't get left in the cold. I've been a huge fan of yours for years and have seen you live a couple of times. Thanks for taking your time to reply to me. 👊🏽🤘🏼
- drandallblythe@mdkhughes86 👊🏼
- clanmclinA huge , long overdue, very positive step forward in this saga!! Much mahalo to you @drandallblythe for walkin' the talk , and going up there Sir!!
- flannelgrin@drandallblythe thank you sir for being an amazing human being
- debski_62Love this photo. It needs no words.
- robertsiliatoMaybe I was wrong about my prayer comment because clearly it worked...
- funk_it_squishyToo bad it was all lies!! Today they announced they will continue with the pipeline.
- drandallblythe@funk_it_squishy Of course ETP did- they have said they will continue no matter what- I'm sure they will continue to drill & pay heavy fines. But the ACOE has denied them a permit, saying they have to do an environmental impact study- this will probably take around 2 years, from what I can tell. For now, the government is saying "You can't build there"- hopefully there will be enough attention drawn to this issue that ETP will be forced to deal with it eventually. But no, it's not over yet.
- funk_it_squishyIt sure not over, and I don't think standing rock is going to give up either. I'm Native American, and when the big oil company came to our reserve to start fracking, many people got together to barricade many of the drill sites. Many were arrested. It is a shame though that when money was waved in the faces of money hungry chief and council, they allowed it. Its amazing to see the amount people unite. Not just of the USA but all across the country. Many of my tribe members have travelled to Standing Rock as well (from Canada).
- mjzandDo you take this photo??
- jehunikoSick ass photo, fuck their greed machines
- drandallblythe@jehuniko ✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
- kylethewash"We the people" right? The power has shifted. Banks. Guys like Donald are presidents. We the people need to speak up. We are giving up our power. @drandablythe
Log in to like or comment.