bolsachicaconHaving bird nests on the ground might seem a bit counter-intuitive, but these sneaky birds have a trick up their wing. These nests only make slight depressions into the ground, and they rarely use any stones to line them, so they end up blending almost seamlessly into the background. Plus, the eggs themselves appear to look like stones, giving them the ultimate disguise!
- calibeachgirl_@bolsachicacon what kind of birds are laying these eggs?
- icapturetheactionThis has to be in the area people don't have access to, which is good @calibeachgirl_
- lrbeesonExtremely interesting. Are they in these nests now at this time of year and yes, what bird.
- calibeachgirl_@icapturetheaction yes!!!! Agreed 😉 Maybe Tern island?
- bolsachicacon@calibeachgirl @Irbeeson We are not completely sure on the species, but they are more than likely Snowy Plover eggs. They have their nesting season here during the Summer!
Log in to like or comment.