aravisdolmennaOn those rare nights when I wake in the small hours and am unable to quickly find my way back to whatever adventure i have been living, I like to allow my mind to wander through the rooms in a place of my own invention. It is a rambling building, one room is grand with a sweeping staircase, there is a vaulted cellar, light airy bedrooms with tall windows and billowing chiffon curtains. In the grounds there are endless outbuildings (I have already written about a barn set in the mulberry orchard where the cocoons of the silk moths are made into a rainbow of coloured threads.
Because the house exists only in my head I can build and extend it as i wish, even though i have walked around it many times i still stumble on an unexpected room you can only enter by squeezing past an inglenook chimney, or a cubby hidden behind the library bookcase.
I want to tell you about a room my imagination found some time ago which i still have not finished exploring. off one of the high ceilinged bedrooms there is a pair of tall French doors leading onto a small balcony, just big enough for two chairs. you must step out onto the balcony and shut the doors behind you, then close the heavy external shutters with their flaking turquoise paint, there set into the brickwork behind one of the shutters you will find a pitted iron ladder, you climb the ladder just a few feet to a copper gutter at the edge of the roof, and here you can pull yourself over onto the roof itself, you will find yourself on a lead lined pathway not visible from below, the lead-work is embossed with stamps of roses, fleur-de-lis, lions and acanthus leaves, I like to imagine the artisan that added these flourishes knowing they would almost never be seen but taking pride in the work even so.
- meerkatharryMagical @aravisdolmenna
- lillyofdepthI don't know why, but this makes me want to cry.
- suzeluluYou are a fantastic writer! Pretty amazing artwork too!
- craigfothersBeautiful oops.
- patil2617there are deep in your mind your incomplete wills, dreams burried
- see_blue1Quite a magical path back to sleep. Beautiful drawings.
- cubz_03Your ridiculous 😂😂 to much talent
- cc.greativeGorgeous 👌🏻🔝
- vipa23Simply incredible!! You are incredibly talented and imaginative 🌟🌟
- aravisdolmenna@cubz_03 her there, thanks 😊
- aravisdolmenna@vipa23 so sweet dear
- angds5Incredible! Your imagination and creativity blow me away. I have dreams similar to what you described, except you're awake. I'll be walking through my house and will notice a door for the first time. I'll open it and find another house or rooms that I never knew existed. I call them my architecture dreams, and I love having them. 😊
- viksterspixWow ✨
- chrisli___Beautiful shot👏👏👏
- floral_passionwow....really beautiful. 👏👏👏
- kafydWonderful! ♡
- jamalawTruly exquisite
- metttkoCongrats!!!! Very cool pict!!! )))
Log in to like or comment.