earnesthomeco_Baby's first Christmas tree! It's a Souder Tradition to buy a live tree with the root ball still attached and plant it on the property after the holiday. We have some Christmas trees on the land that are over 70 years old from when Matt's Dad was a baby. It's something we are eager to pass down to our kids and can't wait to experience over the coming years. Maeve may not have a clue what's going on (in fact, she was sleeping in this pic) but one day I know she'll be as excited as we are about finding the perfect tree.
- betherejessWhat a cool tradition!
- saramb11That is an amazing tradition!!
- melanieblodgettI love that.
- erinatheyThat's awesome!
- inspiredtoshareThat is the cutest idea!
- burritosbubblyI love that tradition so much!
- daradietz82That's very cool!
- stockandoliveMy husband and I have wanted to do this the last few years, but weren't sure about the logistics, so we nixed the idea 😬 @earnesthomeco_ curious what you keep it in during the holidays and then do you plant it in December or wait until the spring? We live in PA and didn't know if the ground would be soft enough to replant in January?
- hillarybutlerfineartSo special!!
- girlaboutcolumbusSo cool!! Love that
- earnesthomeco_@stockandolive we bought a round heavy plastic coy pond liner - it's probably 3' in diameter and 8" tall. We put the tree in the liner atop a layer of gravel (so the water drains) then I just cover it all up with a blanket. We dig the hole before the ground freezes (now) so that it avoids the frozen ground issue. After the holiday, it goes outside and into the ground. If it's super cold, we might let it acclimate to the cold in the garage before planting it.
- daynatwilsonI absolutely love this tradition!
- stockandolive@earnesthomeco_ thank you! Pre-digging the hole is super smart! I think you might have given me the courage to attempt transplanting! I've always felt so guilty when we cut ours down. Enjoy the holidays!
- ashleywinnerThat's amazing!!
- michellebrunettoLove this tradition❤️❤️
- fixfitlivingI just love, love your page!
- flaxandtwineThat is an incredible tradition!!
- alex.chai.cnErin, congratulations. Life will be more wonderful watching baby growing up day by day. All the best.
Log in to like or comment.