shalaghhoganOh how reading this post from May brought me back to a changing place I was a year ago. Grateful twofold . For the pain that grows and moves us onward. And for the community that holds us and witnesses us while we endure and process these lessons. .
A year ago, as my post below recounts, I had something really hard happen to me. It threatened to crush me but it grew me instead. I became stronger, valued myself and my talents more than before. And my friends all encircled me and supported me.
My daughter is often the subject of my candid portraiture and this is soooo one of my favorite pictures from 2016. And finding it reminded me of my gratitude so Win win ! #decemberreflections2016 💜👇ORIGINAL POST BELOW👇💜 (Soul Selfie Challenge Day) SEVEN -- Like a car crash I hadn't seen coming , Christmas 2015 delivered one final lesson. I did the shoulda woulda couldas for days, mulling over and tossing about that which couldn't be changed. I craved Ease at the start of this year. In January, I picked the word #Release to deliver me there.
The thoughts were a skipping stylus on a record as my brain tried to go back, change it, and then I yelled, “Release”. Again. And again. And then I released it. Knowing that however much it had sucked, this was meant to happen to me so that I may move me forward. Embrace the discomfort and you will be free.
Thanks to my word of the year Release, I could create the soul selfie challenge releasing some of my penned up thoughts and fears, offering others a chance to accompany me on my soul searching journey. I thank you again and again for joining in to the challenge and adding your unique thoughts to this soup pot. I'm brimming with gratitude and joy. I am not alone and neither are you. Thank You ❕🌸❕🌸❕🌸❕
- jeannebkbI love this.
- saffronandsuitcasesOh my yes, I love this photo and I remember what happened ❤️
- shalaghhoganThank you @jeannebkb . I was thinking about you yesterday. And your Mom.
- shalaghhoganThank you for remembering @saffronandsuitcases !
- goodwytch58Always find your posts thought provoking & insightful. Your photos of the lovely Fiona & dashing Eamon bring many smiles. Thank you.
- roundlabyrinthPray for your continued growth and peace.
- breathemomLittle cherub...release and now ease...
- shalaghhoganOh thank you @goodwytch58 Barbi for appreciating what it is I hope you would. And btw, our secret Santa came by and left our presents on our porch. But it's not you.
- shalaghhoganThank you for your lovely thoughts @roundlabyrinth Linda.
- shalaghhoganSometimes @breathemom Pat. I am now in earnest search for my word for next year.
- afromellI easily understand why it's one of your fav photos. It's hilarious and great at the same time.
- shalaghhoganYes! Thank you @afromell . Your picture in the car has the same kind of spirit.
- goodwytch58@shalaghhogan... COOL....
- dawnpearceyLike a green wood fairy contemplating her next move 🍃 I remember that incident too - and how you've risen far above that all now! No crushed spirits for long, and a striving to learn from it anyway. You're inspiring💚
- shalaghhoganThanks @dawnpearcey for remembering me. We all try so hard to avoid the pain of ridicule and when it actually happens and you don't get crushed, you are thankful for the opportunity to value yourself. I'm glad I had witnesses like you.
- tamaramilesI missed this one, I think. That pose would be a favorite of mine, as well, if I let the kid in me come out again, free in thought and play. Thank you for sharing this photo of dear Fiona and your home space.
- shalaghhoganYou are welcome into my home any time at all @tamaramiles !
Log in to like or comment.