realfoodrnI threw my old work shoes on today as I ran out the door. It was the first time wearing them in two years, and it was so weird to have them back on!
If these shoes could talk, oh the stories they would tell! Over the years I put on thousands of miles (like literally nurses walk thousands of miles), they have been covered in all of the different bodily fluids, they supported me on my tip toes as I did chest compressions in some of the most horrific codes, they stayed on my feet for 19-21 hours straight, and they are still here to talk about it. @dansko shoes last forever!
Putting them on was actually pretty emotional for me. I finally feel free from all of that stress and the emotional roller coasters. I miss my coworkers, but I have new ones now. Now I chose my friends to be my coworkers. How awesome is that!
It's just amazing that I don't have to wear them every day anymore, and that they're just a shoe I slip on as I'm running to go teach my daughter's Girl Scout class! I had to pinch myself.
I transitioned into a career that I never knew existed. I didn't even know what a blogger was! I love so much that I can be home with my kids, doing work that brings me the fulfillment that I wasn't completely getting with bedside nursing. I really was disheartened with passing pills, symptomatic management, and managed care. 😞 #burntout
I love promoting wellness 🙌🏻❤️️ Now I do that every day! I will always be a #Nurse, ALWAYS! I just wear different shoes now.
#nurse #nursing #lovewhatyoudo #workfromhome #kids #lovemyjob #blogger
- cookbycolorI just bought my first adult pair of these bad boys for culinary school. Love your story-and perspective. I can only imagine. I hope mine will tell stories of proving that healthy food is good food, and food is the best (preventative) medicine.
- realfoodrn@cookbycolor that sounds like some amazing stories to tell!
- poofyorganicsbytanyaSo happy you are living your dream now. Being a nurse is beyond stressful, but very rewarding.
- yoga_pants_and_bon_bonsYou should write a book of short stories
- wholeisticliving@realfoodrn well said!!! So inspiring!!!
- nanrfoxFrom a #burntout nurse. You are an inspiration. 🙌👏✌️
- realfoodrn@yoga_pants_and_bon_bons ha! Well thank you 😘
- realfoodrn@wholeisticliving thank you 😊
- realfoodrn@poofyorganicsbytanya I agree. Saving lives is pretty awesome
- yoga_pants_and_bon_bonsLike... where my shoes have been or if my shoes could talk... I bet it would be a pretty cool read
- elyse.serranoMmm, I feel ya about the bedside nursing!!
- april_kiddI have a pair that are 3 years old and still look brand new! I love them!!
- amanda_fridleyI would love to know more about the transition in careers that you found. As a current RN with a passion for holistic health and nutrition, I really want to venture more in that path.
- realfoodrn@amanda_fridley I wrote a post about it: http://realfoodrn.com/tag/the-true-story-of-my-nursing-career/
- alicia_mclaughI love this! So true. I'm burnt out and took this week off. I needed it
- kbrick77Ahh I felt like you were in my head with every word you said about those shoes and walking away from them. I have cut back my hours to prn and not having to put them on 36 hours a week anymore has been so liberating! So happy you have the career you have now and are happy! Also have that same little hole on the side of my danskos ...That's how you know you put some miles on those bad boys 😀
- lins.dennyLove this. From one nurse to another ☺️
- kara_thewholemommaLove this!!!! ❤❤❤
- wholenewmomYES!!!! @dansko shoes last forever! I was introduced to them by a millionaire friend. She said you could drop a nuclear bomb on them and they would still be fine. They are amazing!
Log in to like or comment.