katyperrySlowly, I am coming down from the beautiful cloud that was Tuesday night's @UNICEF Snowflake Ball. First and foremost, I am incredibly grateful to have received the Audrey Hepburn Humanitarian Award from my hero @HillaryClinton. This award will be a constant reminder to get out of my bubble and back into the field to shine a light on issues that matter most, especially to illuminate the plight of vulnerable children who are living without basic human needs and rights. This honor is a starting line, not a finish line, for me, and I am excited for where my new ambition and purpose leads me!
I was profoundly moved and thoroughly surprised when Hillary showed up to give me this award. I broke down and wept watching her take the stage. The last time I was in NYC was for Election Night. I left covered in a blanket of sadness and despair because for me, and I imagine others, the results triggered a lot of dormant fears and emotions to the surface. I feared that we were not ever going to see the light of justice or fairness. I felt vulnerable, confused and frightened like a child.
From the outside it probably looks as though I've always had a "voice." Truth is, I have never had one like I have found in the past year. I have a found a new voice, a more determined voice. I grew up sheltered, suppressed and kept silent for fear of giving the wrong answer. I would reveal my poor education. Or I was just scared. Hillary helped me see that we're all in this together, no matter where we come from, what color we are, or what status and education we have or don't have. Hillary lit a fire inside of me that burns brighter and brighter every day, and that fire will NEVER be put out.
Feelings of despair still comes in waves, but now more than ever I am MOTIVATED to fight against social injustice and to promote equality and kindness as best I know how, through my art and influence. I am continually inspired by her strength and how she continues to rise like the Phoenix she is, every time.
It's funny, sometimes people who disagree with me just say, "Shut up and sing." Boy, will I do so in a whole new way... next year. Hell hath no fury like a woman REBORN.
- torohorizoHITLARY IS NOT GOD
- bgsworldtourTrump Train
- goudygowdygoodygoedyHillary has got to be the ugliest person I've ever seen
- yvette_turnbullFuck yes! Smash it Katy! 💪
- hbiscarro_urbanPresident Trump, MAGA!!! #HillaryforPrison
- mikeel666Wow two pigs in the same frame
- mikeel666A woman reborn??? Still smells the same....phew
- loki_orville_harperLooking at this pic with all the caption somehow makes me laugh a lot😂😂😂😝😝😝😝😉😉
- chrissy.a.woodThe satanic unite
- chrissy.a.woodTrump make America great again!!
- loveishope456I do not know why hiliry
- loveishope456Hiliry Clinton is her hero bc she wanted to bomb us all
- djzdubzGirl power
- c.eleste.parr.a@katherinemeck and I love you YOU ARE OUR IDOLS!! You and Hillary are amazing!! #girlpower
- katie7934@loveishope456 no she didn't
- loveishope456@katie7934 did I evolve you no.
- katie7934@loveishope456 i know u didn't. btw it's involve. don't hate on people
- loveishope456@katie7934 I can if I want to so yeah that's my choice
Log in to like or comment.