elsaseats12.1.16 They say a watched kettle never boils, but please, please don't tell me a watched jar never pickles because I could stare at these beauties all day! 😍
#swisschard stems leftover from last night's dinner are getting #spicy pickled today. 🔥😋
These beauties are high in micronutrients (vitamins and minerals), phytochemicals (health ambassadors), and antioxidants (crime fighters against free radicals) so please 🙏 don't throw them away. Pickle them using⬇️
Good for one 8oz mason jar.
1/4 cup #ricewinevinegar
1/3 cup #applecidervinegar or #distilledwhitevinegar
2 TBsp sugar (I used @madhavasweet #coconutsugar)
3/4 teaspoon #salt
1/2 tablespoon @sriracha or green @tabasco (I made one of each)
1/8 teaspoon #celeryseed
1/4 teaspoon #peppercorns
1/4 teaspoon #yellowmustardseeds
1 clove #garlic
Bring vinegars, sugar, salt, and your choice #hotsauce to a boil until sugar and salt are dissolved. Add celery seed, peppercorns, mustard seeds, and garlic to the jar. Place chard stems. Pour liquid mixture over stems. Let sit until cool, cover and refrigerate. Now, here's the hard part, wait two days before eating. 😉
#healthyeats #healthysnacks #stemtoroot #wholefoods #feedfeed #madhavasweet #dietitianapproved
- thai_1212So yummy!😋
- aliciashomemadeAbsolutely LOVE your photos!
- misnacksNeat 💐
- elsaseats@thai_1212...I knew you'd understand my love for all things pickled or fermented.
- elsaseatsAwwww... Thank you @aliciashomemade 😊
- elsaseatsThank you @misnacks 😆
- thai_1212@chitamudez 😊 We also give similar lunches for the kiddos too. 👊🏼
- _lanalawrenceThis is AWESOME!!
- elsaseatsGreat minds... @thai_1212
- elsaseatsThank you @_lanalawrence... Can't wait to open these up tmrw... Christmas is coming early tmrw... Haha! 😉
Log in to like or comment.