milesfrombrooklynNot far into our drive across the US we passed through Memphis, TN. We made it to the National Civil Rights museum. We found the visit intense in exactly the way I hope a museum could help future generations connect to history.
In this picture, we're learning about Dr. King's famous "I have a dream" speech at the March on Washington, where they're grandfather was one of the hundreds of thousands of peaceful protesters.
It felt poignant to see the museum packed given the current moment in the US. Here's to hoping.
- abelia.mayAre you going through 🇨🇦 too? My best friends family is near Hamilton on a property. Do you have a camper?
- firstname.lastname@example.org yes we're heading to the west coast of Canada for ski season. We missed that portion of Canada but hope to do a road trip across Canada at some point. Hopefully when we have a camper! Now we are just in a lowly car for the trip.
- wasatchoverlandNice!!! 👍👍👍
- cassleigh_I was there a bit over a month ago. It's such a powerful place.
- milesfrombrooklyn@cassleigh_ I agree @cassleigh_ Looks like you live in one of our favorite places in the world. We love Tassie!
- cassleigh_@milesfrombrooklyn I do indeed, and I love it. What was your favorite part?
- milesfrombrooklyn@cassleigh_ everywhere! Maria island, Bruny island, bay of Fire, west coast near Granville Harbour, donuts at Salamanca markets... I could go on :)
- abelia.mayA car!!! That must be a change @milesfrombrooklyn. Miss hanging out with you and yours! We'd love to get to 🇨🇦 one day. We can arrange to meet you somewhere on the trip - wherever you are!
- email@example.com looking forward to it Abelia. We will be in Canada until May so if you see a great deal to Vancouver, jump on a flight! Otherwise I look forward to planning our reunion somewhere :)
- mikej411Nice 👍 👍 👍
Log in to like or comment.