goodnightboutiqueThis year I've really enjoyed taking part in the @maidensofmurder monthly #queenofcrime read-alongs. I started reading Agatha Christie books a long time ago and fell in love with the vintage settings, the country estates, the clothes, the social history, and have amassed a huge collection over the years. 📚 This month I'll be re-reading Hercule Poirot's Christmas for #christmaswithchristie and I watch the David Suchet adaptation each year too. 🔍 I know quite a lot of people are also reading The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding but I thought I'd mention another couple of her festive themed books. The Sittaford Mystery (1931, stand-alone) and The 4.50 from Paddington (1957, Miss Marple) are both set at Christmas time too, whilst Murder On The Orient Express (1934, Poirot) is set in the middle of winter with plenty of ice and snow ❄ P.S I used my replica December 1936 newspaper in this photo because I thought it seemed era appropriate 🤓
#book #books #reading #maidensofmurder #agathachristie #herculepoirot #herculepoirotschristmas #murdermystery #detectivefiction #vintagebooks #1930s #christmas #christmasbooks #crimefiction #missmarple #murderontheorientexpress #vintage #bookish #bibliophile #bookworm #bookstagram
- keepcalmandreadallWow this is so amazing!😍😍
- pagesandcupBeautiful shot!!
- bagfullofbooksLovely post. Enjoyed the picture and all the details. Also your caption.
- finepreserversbooksLove the other wintry Christie recommendations ❤️. Thanks!
- bookishsteph1Gorgeous photo! We are reading The Sittaford Mystery in January 😀👍🏻
- carmilla5My little grey cells are zinging seeing this!
- mybookbathLove this post! ❤️👌🏼
- ayearoftalesI just read Hercule Poirots Christmas and I loved it 😀 Beautiful shot!
Log in to like or comment.