lulasticblog🐥 So big! There's a photo of me on my first day of school holding a duckling like this🐥 I have not been coping well the last couple of days. Next level irritable, on edge, tired in my bones. My inner five year old kept wanting to bust out with mean comments that I barely kept in 😩 It happens for two days once a month and I'm sure it's more extreme these days. (I hopefully think that might be because I have more of a handle on my grumpiness the rest of the month?) I'd love to know what others do with hormonal lows. I feel like it'd be better for everyone if I went into the forest for two days 😪
- mrsganyeI'm the same, though 2 days of depression and self-loathing a month outworked as crankiness and intolerance. Look forward to reading comments here for anything helpful.
- zehracranmerMagnesium is supposed to be great , I'm currently taking them for migraines but they're supposed to be great when extra grumpy. I think acknowledging helps but also get a chance to stomp off and have some alone time with the earth. For me it's hard labour in the garden. Always helps. But actually maybe going to the woods may be an option ... X
- the_impossible_treesI've only just started experiencing this in the last couple of months. I spend two days each month trying not to burst into tears in front of people. I've desperately been trying to find something too help as well, so far being alone and keeping myself busy on those days is the only thing that's helped.
- loeslawrenceGreat! Take Sepia 30, or 200, excellent 'woman's' remedy, really rebalancing and calming. 30 you can take as often as you feel you need. 200 for deeper acting. As with all homeopathy, it works with your body and only if it's needed x
- lucyhootonI read that you can get a second wave of pmt in your 30's which certainly explains why mine seems to get worse as I get older I bet your not alone!
- lucyhootonTry to find another oxytocin source and I preload on iron rich foods before hand which seems to help
- unschool_all_the_rainbowsI've had really bad PMT the last couple of months - I've literally felt my blood boiling (well not quite 'literally'!). I'm hoping I can brace myself for it now with self-care, and being really vocal (i.e. apologetic!) about it. It's so horrible ☹️I had forgotten what it was like, after back-to-back pregnancies/breast-feeding for the last 6+ years (can't remember if it was this bad pre-kids).
- amanda.e.armstrongHey evening primrose oil worked wonders for me with pmt, don't know if you've tried it, I had bad pmt once I stopped breast feeding, evening primrose can help get hormones back in balance. Xx
- back_to_basics_nzHey lovely. Mine hit all time extremes also last month too (no details needed...bad). Knew my body was needing some balancing on deeper nutrition level. I'm big on natural health and research and had a chat with my good friend who happens to be an extremely experienced nutritionist. I will dm you what I am on-mix of herbal/vitamins, feel like a new person. Much love xx @lulasticblog
- lulasticblogOh thanks so much everyone. Going to try some stuff. It is definitely getting more intense for some reason. Amazing that so many of you have found that to be the case.
- wildlovenzMagnesium magnesium magnesium applied to the skin with an oil....and some flower essences to help move that stuff along 🙌 I'm saying this to you and knowing I need the same stuff 😄
- lizzielou77Google "bio identical progeserone". And also the "symptoms of low progesterone". Most likely your local library will carry some books on healing your hormones.
- 4littleladiesI'm riding on my lows right now too. I just want to run out screaming into the woods. I use rum 😶
- different_shaped_pegsGetting that good stuff into ya but also try to get yourself a little alone time hey @lulasticblog. I'm abit on the savage side for sure, it's funny how it can hit us every month and I'm still like "why am I sooooooo angry" then a ahha moment. My boys are good at taking it in their stride but it's important for them to see me taking care and finding ways to move through it semi gracefully without castrating anyone 😈. I'd like them to be supportive of the women and maybe daughters in their lives and knowing not to take it personally even though being called a dick is a personal attack lol
- adventuresofxandvI'm a big fan of starflower supplement. I've run out this month and I really noticed the difference.
- loveriaAs breastfeeding comes to an end our hormones are definitely affected! I experienced this when I night weaned my son temporarily. It was so bad for me that I had to resume nursing him! I hope you can find some peacefulness. Nature helps a lot and there are different herbs like dandelion root that can help. Exercise has been a HUGE help for me. Recently, I have been super blessed by things that the @theclassbytt and @taryntoomey have been sharing. The moves are super grounding and freeing. Also, reducing alcohol and caffeine has really helped me. Much love😘😘😘
- bitchonabike1Read this post after what seems like a couple of weeks of being grumpy and cross. Trying to wirk myself out of it as aware its impacting how I talk to my children. I teach them the impact of mean words and then on the other hand use a mean tone.
- bitchonabike1But for me Agnus Castus works a treat during my hormonal time. Maybe I need to have it constantly!
- anniesprattSorry you've been feeling the lows - but oh my this photo!
- foreadventuresame...think the forest is a good idea! If I go outside everything seems much better 💚🌿 lovely pic of the chicks ❤️
Log in to like or comment.