bk_gudmundssonIn the light of the recently finished Icelandic Championships in CrossFit and results of drug testing I would like to make a few things clear:
I did not participate in the Icelandic championships this year since I just recently came back from Canada, where I was competing at the CF invitationals on behalf of team Europe. I decided to prioritize and let my body recover for upcoming competition in Dubai next week. The schedule was simply to tight to add in the Icelandic championships as well.
I have been drug tested 7 times in the 4 years I have been competing in CrossFit and all have been negative:
1. 2014 Crossfit European Regionals – All qualifying spots where tested.
2. 2014 CrossFit Games – random pick for drug testing
3. 2014 Christmas competition LSÍ in Hafnafjordur, Iceland- I was not competing but as spectator.
4. 2015 CrossFit European regionals - All qualifying spots were tested.
5. 2015 Crossfit Games - All top spots were tested.
6. 2015 LSÍ (weightlifting federation) drug tested in Iceland while coaching at CF Hengill – Random drug testing from ÍSÍ (Icelandic sports association)
7. 2016 Crossfit Regionals- All top spots where tested.
In addition to that I have competed in Olympic weightlifting twice at Reykjavik international, two times at the Nordic championships, once at the small nations competition, once at Icelandic championships as well as 3 other competition held by the Icelandic weightlifting association where I could have been drug tested and would gladly have done so if asked to.
I have always showed up to and passed every drugtest I have been asked to take, I can be tested any time, anywhere, randomly or not. With this I want to declare my support towards drug testing in CrossFit as well as any other sport.
PED is a part of most sports and there will always be people who try to find shortcuts to get further. Don't get tempted. You get what you work for.
- mirkospinnyWise words and good example
- ninajonesfilm@ursine_fellow interesting
- roarfuel@mark_cookie88 👍👍👍
- robbank_cf_grizzlyClean is the way to go!!!👊🏻👊🏻👊🏻
- lindamagnus@remisture @alexsture @christophcarlson 🙌🏾
- tommy_white777@dnewborn It can be done lol
- samuel_proulx@davefonts asser bien dis ca
- joelpwdSuperb post. The one doubt I had about CF Games athletes was whether or not those accomplishments and levels of fitness were achievable drug-free. Thank you for reassuring.
- davefonts@samuel_proulx yess !!
- marcscanlonJohn Romano says otherwise 🤔
Log in to like or comment.